Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 May 18, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clamshell View Post
This is probably a very stupid question, but if I turn off data roaming, but have my o2 phone on (let’s assume I’m not eligible for the above bolt on), if I don’t make any calls and don’t send any texts, but receive calls and texts do I get charges?
Just read the other posts and it seems you have the answer for O2 - which was a surprise to me

For others on just a normal contract with any other phone company the below is usually the case

Receiving texts is free, receiving calls us free so long as you don't answer them, as soon as you answer them you pay the per minute received call rate or start your add-on (whichever is applicable).

Listening to voicemail is also not free, unless covered by an active add-on

Edited at 10:54 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Just read the other posts and it seems you have the answer for O2 - which was a surprise to me

For others on just a normal contract with any other phone company the below is usually the case

Receiving texts is free, receiving calls us free so long as you don't answer them, as soon as you answer them you pay the per minute received call rate or start your add-on (whichever is applicable).

Listening to voicemail is also not free, unless covered by an active add-on
To be fair I think you are actually correct for a normal contract but with O2 as long as you have the Travel Bolt on added to your account you can then receive calls free of charge even if you don't trigger the daily charge. Such a shame all the networks are different
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

02 travel bolt on update

Hi

Well I had a chat with 02 online and was told this:

Tariffs with 30gb or more are eligible for the free 02 travel option.

When I mentioned I pay £20 and above on a 12 month sim only tariff and if mentions that on the website I was then told :

You are on a sim only contract and it requires a refresh contract or a selected device contract to apply.

I asked for a possible discount being a customer for over 20 years as it'll be over £100 for 3 weeks and was told all I could do was phone customer services and see what they say.

So for anyone on 02 this is the tariffs needed.

Hope it helps
Wendy

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

‘Free O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone is available with selected phones and tablets on our 4GB, and 15GB and above O2 Refresh tariffs, as well as our £20 and above 12 month sim only tariffs. It’s not available on any other sim only tariff, O2 Refresh tariffs below 4GB, or 5GB and 10GB O2 Refresh tariffs.

If you bought a 10GB 12 month sim only tariff, on or after 3 May 2018, you’ll be eligible for O2 Travel in our Inclusive Zone, when you move to a £20 or above 12 month sim only tariff.

If you joined on any other sim only tariff, you won’t be eligible, even if you move to a higher tariff.‘
Old 7 May 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Hi

Well I had a chat with 02 online and was told this:

Tariffs with 30gb or more are eligible for the free 02 travel option.

When I mentioned I pay £20 and above on a 12 month sim only tariff and if mentions that on the website I was then told :

You are on a sim only contract and it requires a refresh contract or a selected device contract to apply.

I asked for a possible discount being a customer for over 20 years as it'll be over £100 for 3 weeks and was told all I could do was phone customer services and see what they say.

So for anyone on 02 this is the tariffs needed.

Hope it helps
Wendy
That’s interesting, I had a quick look at the O2 website...

The Refresh & the sim only deals state ‘O2 Travel inclusive Zone’

May be worth a phone call 😉😉

Edited at 08:47 AM.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I’ve just bought the £20 20g deal and was told that it included USA usage without needing an extra bolt on.
Old 7 May 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
I’ve just bought the £20 20g deal and was told that it included USA usage without needing an extra bolt on.
That’s good to hear, thanks for sharing 😂
Old 7 May 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

logged in to my o2 - the o2 travel bolt on is there and ive selected it and it says no charge. I am not on a refresh tariff.
florida_noob is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
How do I know if my tariff is one of the included ones?
I signed a new O2 refresh contract a couple of weeks ago and didn’t notice that it included this until I arrived in Chicago a couple of days later and received the standard “Welcome to the USA” txt informing me I was covered under my contract 😊
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by florida_noob View Post
logged in to my o2 - the o2 travel bolt on is there and ive selected it and it says no charge. I am not on a refresh tariff.
Mine says that too but on looking at the details the Europe one is no charge and the outside Europe one is £4.99 a day.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List