Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Jun 18, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
TOT is the go to ,must do ride in HS. Having said that, it’s not for everyone. I don’t think the drop is that bad TBH, as others have said you’re inside and it’s not a free fall. Basically, if you do it once and don’t like it, then that’s the worst that can happen, you don’t like it. I took my mum to WDW at the age of 66 and she had never been on a ride of any sort in her life. She tried almost everything, some she liked some she didn’t. TOT was a once only as was Big thunder mountain railway, soaring was a regular ride. The only rides that were a no go were, Space Mountain, Aerosmith and Mission Space. Oh yes the Yeti at AK.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
It’s the best ride ever! The first few times we rode, the anticipation/fear of what is about to happen causes the ‘oh my god what am I doing!’.
Years ago there was a little metal bar that came down so you literally came out of the seat on the falls, now there are lap belts that hold you in. There are also little handles at the base of each seat, hold onto these to keep yourself in place, then when you realise you love the ride, go back again and don’t hold on.
You have to try it once, the experience is exhilarating!
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

It's an amazing ride! I would highly recommend doing it at least once. The drop isn't huge but it feels great! You also get a good view of the park from the top.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
keepgoingback
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You’ve got to try it. My youngest was 6 last time we went and he HATED it... the first time! But like all things Disney, he went back for another go and loved it by the end of the hol.
keepgoingback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Thanks again for all your replies I have chickened out at the moment and not booked myself a fast pass there are only 2 in our group of 7 riding it.
Have to say I was going to give it a try but this post has talked me out of it.
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I love it, I don't ride 'thrill' rides such as Rock n Roller Coaster or Hulk etc, but ToT is my favourite Disney ride. The theming is brilliant, it is scary and it is quite a shock when the drop comes. But it doesn't make me feel ill like some of the bigger coasters.

DD however, is not keen. She was the one who encouraged me to try it. I loved it, she did not 😀. She is riding again with me next trip but said she isn't looking forward to it as she didn't enjoy the drop.

My next challenge is Expedition Everest. I was too scared to try it last time, don't like the idea of going backwards. Hoping I don't chicken out in October 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Best ride ever my favourite i have to go single rider as DH won't do it again.
Even if your not up for the lift you should do the q as a walk through because its such good theming
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I love it, I don't ride 'thrill' rides such as Rock n Roller Coaster or Hulk etc, but ToT is my favourite Disney ride. The theming is brilliant, it is scary and it is quite a shock when the drop comes. But it doesn't make me feel ill like some of the bigger coasters.

DD however, is not keen. She was the one who encouraged me to try it. I loved it, she did not 😀. She is riding again with me next trip but said she isn't looking forward to it as she didn't enjoy the drop.

My next challenge is Expedition Everest. I was too scared to try it last time, don't like the idea of going backwards. Hoping I don't chicken out in October 😀
The backwards bit is very short I hate going backwards but love this
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There are different drop sequences - picked at random so you need to go on it more than once
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post

Expedition Everest is fantabulous you need to do it! I hate open-drop rides and am a coaster chicken but I love love love EE
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List