Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jun 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

There was a you tube video earlier where at 11am they came out of toy story land and showed you the queue just to get into the land and the CM said it was an 11 hour wait (nor sure that can be true) and they showed the Queue line all the way down to the walls and then back and forth before going in front of chinese theatre etc. so on top of waiting in the queue for slinky you had to queue outside as well.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The current posted wait is 4 and a half hours. Which is more like I would’ve expected. Still stupidly long, mind you.

It makes you wonder whether the queues for the Star Wars rides will be longer than the park is actually open. And how that will work?
I'm starting queueing for Star Wars land when we visit next week
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
I wager some will queue overnight... maybe even a couple of nights...
There was a post on another Facebook page where it was 1.50am and people were queuing outside HS . Nah, I like my bed too much for any of that

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
I'm starting queueing for Star Wars land when we visit next week
Good idea, the end of the line is currently just outside Tampa

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Good idea, the end of the line is currently just outside Tampa
That's for Disneyland, the Florida queue starts in Canada
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I believe Disney are opening up a virtual Queue which you will be able to register against for opening day for Galaxies Edge and if you have not pre registered you won't even be allowed to go into the park. This will be handled as a FP which will become available from May 4th 2019.
The above is fully made up and has no truth in it.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Last year we were at DHS on photopass day. I queued 4 hours to meet Cruella du Vil 😱

The cms were very good and let one person queue per family whilst others went off.

Ordinarily I wouldn’t queue that long for anything but when I joined the queue they estimated it would be about an hour wait which didn’t seem too bad 😂

I guess they couldn’t easily do that with a ride, at least with a meet the whole family goes up together.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

The other factor is how do they judge how long the queue is - i guess they are pretty good at such things but until they've really got underway with loading, unloading, fast passes versus standby etc, how can they really judge that a queue is going to take 4 hours versus 5 hours? I wonder whether they have days where they ask people just to wait in a queue for hours to see how long it would take?!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

I think anyone who queues outside HS since 1.50am really need to get a life and get a grip.

Its pathetic enough that people will queue for 7 hours today, never mind whatever it may be in the future.

To be fair, after seeing the video on Tim Tracker today the ride looks pretty short and not ''all that'' if im honest and it also beats me that there can be that many kids off school to create queues like this in the first place.

Makes me quite mad.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Josh on Easywdw reckons that half the people in the queue misunderstand the timings and read e.g. 120 mins as an hour and twenty not two hours. If all the queues are an hour or more we're back in the pool or doing something else, that's just not a holiday