Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Jul 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
... or maybe it's OP's opinion of the ride
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I agree with minnie29. Having little kids with you makes all the difference. The Slinky Dog ride at DLP is not even as thrilling as the new one, but I love it because it holds so many memories of my DS squealing with delight and us running around and joining the queue again. A lot of Disney rides are not thrill rides, but we love them all the same. I also love SDMT and a lot on here don’t, but the first time I rode it, I was just so ridiculously happy to be back at my favourite place that I cried like a baby. Everyone is different though and if you don’t like something then that’s ok, it’s your holiday, so you can do or think whatever you want to xx
I get this! I rode SDMT and didn't think much of it but think that's because our 12 year old was like "hmmm not that good" he put a dampner on it.
We loved all the babyish rides this year because of our 2 year old. Screaming her head off and in fits of laughter on the tea cups ride - I will now love that ride forever
Happy memories place.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Maybe going in with low expectations is the problem, sounds like you didn't like the sound or look of it before you went? There are also things I don't rate that others do, all personal opinion. I hope riding slinky changes your mind
You get to ride Tower of Terror too, so all is not lost - wish I was there now
Enjoy
I agree with this - you sound as if you were determined not to like it before you went, rather than going with an open mind.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Unlike the “Other” thread at least OP has been on the ride and voiced an opinion of his/her dislikes and why. Unlike those who haven’t even been yet and think it’s rubbish or brilliant

Clearly this ride is aimed at children and families. However, what a boring parks Disney would have it we all enjoyed the same rides.

Criticism of lack of shade etc is being voiced in lots of places. Theming is very subjective, I hate pop century and actually don’t like GF, I love POFQ and SSR.

Horses for courses

Edited at 08:07 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Maybe going in with low expectations is the problem, sounds like you didn't like the sound or look of it before you went? There are also things I don't rate that others do, all personal opinion. I hope riding slinky changes your mind
You get to ride Tower of Terror too, so all is not lost - wish I was there now
Enjoy
Lol or maybe there isn't anything wrong I did? Am I not entitled to simply not like it
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
Lol or maybe there isn't anything wrong I did? Am I not entitled to simply not like it
Nothing wrong with your opinion. I just think it's funny when grown adults say that a ride catered towards 3-9 year old children is rubbish. It is aimed at children to like not adults.
In your opinion would you say that you think kids would like it? If the answer is yes then Disney have done their job.

Enjoy your holiday and again, I do hope you enjoy Slinky - let us know once you've been on it

Edited to say - my 2 year old would hate Tower of Terror because it was not made for that age group. There is something for everyone of all ages to enjoy at Disney, obvs Toy Story Land is not for you.

Edited at 08:56 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I noticed the lack of shade in the Tim Tracker video and that does worry me a bit. It’s nice to at least have a shop to pop into. Dinoland in AK is quite open but at least has that little shop. Slinky looks right up my street for a coaster though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

We will try slinky tomorow. My 11 year old didn't like it. When he was under 2 he wanted to eat snails and was more into boxes than presents. Lol. He may have loved it if he was tall enough

Its bit of a rivers of light for me so far. Although I was expected more from RoL, both left me thinking"really?"

My son had great laugh pointing at nothing last trip and laughing his head off. Making fun of magic photos. It's Disney. People will have fun. That doesn't mean every single ride is great. I like dumbo better .

I did not think it's great ride for any age, but of course your opinion can be different and i hope your lo love their trip

Edited at 10:11 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Unlike the “Other” thread at least OP has been on the ride and voiced an opinion of his/her dislikes and why. Unlike those who haven’t even been yet and think it’s rubbish or brilliant

Clearly this ride is aimed at children and families. However, what a boring parks Disney would have it we all enjoyed the same rides.

Criticism of lack of shade etc is being voiced in lots of places. Theming is very subjective, I hate pop century and actually don’t like GF, I love POFQ and SSR.

Horses for courses
No, i have never ridden Slinky Dog but then again I never will.

Great for the kids though.

Disney332
Old 2 Jul 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Nothing wrong with your opinion. I just think it's funny when grown adults say that a ride catered towards 3-9 year old children is rubbish. It is aimed at children to like not adults.
In your opinion would you say that you think kids would like it? If the answer is yes then Disney have done their job.

Enjoy your holiday and again, I do hope you enjoy Slinky - let us know once you've been on it

Edited to say - my 2 year old would hate Tower of Terror because it was not made for that age group. There is something for everyone of all ages to enjoy at Disney, obvs Toy Story Land is not for you.
What s so funny about it? Is it funny that I like dumbo and think Mickey toontown is adorable? Or do you feel that's funny too? Or is it ok to like things but not ok not to? I am confused