Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Jul 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

WDW Queue Etiquette

Potential strange question but I'm certain someone must know the answer...

Let's say that you're waiting in a long queue and then one of your party decide they need the loo, is it acceptable for that person to hop out of the line and then join you again when they return?

Thanks in advance.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would say nipping to the loo is fine. One person queuing and then the rest of the family joining them when they are near the front is really not !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd have no issues with someone in front of me leaving the queue to get a drink or going to the loo...
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I would say nipping to the loo is fine. One person queuing and then the rest of the family joining them when they are near the front is really not !
My thoughts exactly, I'd hate it if someone did that to us, so we'd never do it to anyone else. I guess we could always ask a cast member when we enter the queue, but it's good to have an idea in advance.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
my suggestion would be to go to the toilet before queuing, some people can be unforgiving. Most people from the UK would be understanding (we know how to queue lol). But you'll be surprised the amount of locals that are not so understanding.

another suggestion is to try and get the attention of a Cast Member, their known to show you to the "chicken exit" and hand you a fastpass where you'll be able to wait until the rest of your party are at the front and you can re-join them.
Old 31 Jul 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We queued for over an hour to see Rapunzel, my DD 6 was desperate for toilet, I took her when DH and DS (10 & 14) stayed in line,I was really embarrassed pushing passed everyone especially going back to our place,it can't be helped though.
Old 31 Jul 18, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
my suggestion would be to go to the toilet before queuing, some people can be unforgiving. Most people from the UK would be understanding (we know how to queue lol). But you'll be surprised the amount of locals that are not so understanding.

another suggestion is to try and get the attention of a Cast Member, their known to show you to the "chicken exit" and hand you a fastpass where you'll be able to wait until the rest of your party are at the front and you can re-join them.
world war 3 broke out on one of the American Disney forums a few years ago over this very topic, and most of them were against it, so clearly one of those things us Brits seem to handle a lot better than our American cousins

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Interesting post on WDW Insider, which seems to sum things up nicely:

Once in line, do not leave the line if at all possible. This is another common "line sin". A family will enter a line queue with, say, a standby wait time of thirty minutes. Someone gets the bright idea that one of them can leave the current line, run over to another attraction, get fastpasses for the entire family, then return before the family's turn to ride comes up. Someone gets thirsty, and decides that the thirty minute wait gives them plenty of time to run to a beverage cart and come back with refreshments before the family's turn to ride comes up. Both of these stuations are simply line cutting, and are rude.

Most lines at Disney are not easy to transverse - they are themed, they wind in and out of buildings, etc. To reach people ahead, you have to push past others who are patiently waiting their turn. If you leave the line, you in effect give up your place, and should really only rejoin the line at the end.

The only real exception to the above situation is a restroom emergency, and usually then, only for young children (or individuals with health issues). All parents have been there, when a young child decides out of the blue that they have to go now. In this situation, use common sense. If you are near the front of the line and the child can hold it for a few moments, wait until you reach the front, then explain the situation to the cast member there. Typically, they will either give you a fastpass or have you re-enter the attraction in a special way, so that you can take the ememrgency potty break without having to stand through the entire line again. If not near the front, have one parent politely excuse themselves and the child, and prepare to repeat "sorry, little one has to go to the potty" a hundred times or so. Most reasonable people will allow you to return to your place in line, but do realize that they are not obligated to do so.

An aside: the best way to minimize any issue with potty breaks is to do your best to avoid the issue altogether. Disney World had abundant restrooms; make young children go to the restroom often, even if they claim to not need to go - especially before getting into a long line. Naturally, this won't guarantee that you'll never have potty issues, but it will drastically reduce them.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Friday'sChild
Imagineer

Friday'sChild's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If possible I would say all queue together and try not to leave the line BUT if you are desperate then go and hopefully the people that see you leave will not complain when they see you come back

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic7748_13.gif
Friday'sChild is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Originally Posted by coggie View Post
I'd have no issues with someone in front of me leaving the queue to get a drink or going to the loo...
As a Crohn’s sufferer I can tell you people in general are not as forgiving as you guys. My first three visits were a “toileting” nightmare and I often ended up missing rides with my family as people were very abusive as I re-joined the queue. I then found out about the old DASS system and now the new one.

I think maybe if you have young children people are more understanding but unless you carry a sign around saying... If I don’t go now, I’ll just go your classes as a queue jumper
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List