Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
I think that was the point.
I didn't know that. When I see something written on this forum I assume people actually mean what they are writing.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

If I were to hazard a guess, it will probably be in the interests of quality control in order to have a consistent product.

Could you imagine the potential pitfalls of having an inconsistent butter beer? Too much cream, not enough cream, you'd have a lot of people refusing to pay or demanding refunds if the mixture is not to their liking.
The advantage of it being an exact recipe is you know what you are paying for and Universal can protect themselves against human error in the mixing and potential wastage.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Actually the fast passes in Universal aren't free
They don't cost Universal anything.

(I actually meant Disney's fastpasses. Hence why I said fastpass - Universal doesn't have any fastpasses. But my point applies to Universal's Express Passes too)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:41 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hullcity View Post
Whats so nice about it anyway? i need to try one when there in a few weeks and from reading everyones posts im expecting the best ever product if it isnt im holding this site responsible lol
Everyones got to try it once- but unless you have a massive sweet tooth you'll struggle to finish one. The frozen one is nicer and a tad less sugary!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We got a frozen one, and while it was fun to try, I felt the same as you! We chucked it after sharing half. Never mind the enamel, I could feel the whole tooth dissolving!

OP, I would suspect its a margins thing. Like someone said, if everyone has extra it soon adds up. They know people will pay for it even if they refuse to customise it.
Its funny how you say that, because on one night I got quite a decent sized portion and on another night it sputtered out like it was running out and I got next to nothing, asked for more and he said no.

I think next time I will refuse them and see if it changes anything, probably wont but worth a go.
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

I've noticed some of you have kindly got back to me regarding the warm butterbeer and the fudge, but does anyone know exactly what dates they serve it, as winter is a bit un specific when it comes to Florida id imagine!

Any word on the dessert at all please? As found it on their main page, but not sure where you find it, as went in most shops...…
found the ice cream, cold beer, now I know where to find the fudge and know about the warm beer, but nothing on the dessert?

Any help please?
jessandjon2005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Hot butter beer is sold roughly mid October to end of March, the exact dates have been different each year. Last year it was the 20th of October. You could ask at the Hogs Head, they normally have it there.

Also they've sold an average of 6,666 Butterbeers A DAY since The Wizarding World of Harry Potter first opened eight years and four months ago!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

OP, just seen this on another group “For anyone waiting on hot butter beer, the employee at the Hopping Pot told us it would be available starting tomorrow, only @ The Leaky Cauldron & The Three Broomsticks.”
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jessandjon2005
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah, ok great.

So as a rule of thumb then... generally end of Oct until beginning of Mar?

Now Im upset, we only got back on Monday! LOL

I shall try and remember that for my next trip planning dates, thanks.
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Acid Nation
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Buy a can of cream soda and put in some butterscotch syrup. That’s it.

Much too sweet for me.
Yup! When anyone asks what it tastes like I always say, "Flat, cheap cream soda!"

So overrated.
Acid Nation is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List