Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mypj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Question Virgin Atlantic MCO Terminal A or B

Hi All, Can anyone tell me which side for Virgin Atlantic check in? been a few times with Virgin and it was always A, I know it still was this time last year, been looking on the MCO website and it says B terminal on live flight info but if you go to the airline page on MCO website it says A and also the Virgin Atlantic page says A, So I'm sure it is A but how can the live updates page get it wrong its a big mistake lol
mypj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
It’s codeshares that are landing into B. They are domestic part of the journey ie from Atlanta.
Old 4 Nov 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

The normal VA check in desks are on the A side, whilst DL is on B.

It could be just a simple typo in the live info, as the VA flights also have DL numbers. However, there could be a technical problem with the VA desks or some maintenance going on, so they could be using DL desks temporarily just today. You'll find out when you get there and read the signs.

It is hardly a 'big' mistake. A and B are just 2 sides of the same building. They are only separated by the width of the food court. It is 4 or 5 times longer to go from one end of A to the other, than it is to cross from A to B which will take at most 3 minutes. It is not as though they are separated by a monorail. If you have a rental car, you can return it to A or B, so there is a 50% chance of arriving on the 'wrong' side anyway.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mypj
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Ok keep your hair on ianc I have been many times myself last was just September but I'm asking for my sister who is out there now and is very nervous about everything so all I doing is trying to make it easy for her and for the info it always shows B now
mypj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ianc View Post
The normal VA check in desks are on the A side, whilst DL is on B.

It could be just a simple typo in the live info, as the VA flights also have DL numbers. However, there could be a technical problem with the VA desks or some maintenance going on, so they could be using DL desks temporarily just today. You'll find out when you get there and read the signs.

It is hardly a 'big' mistake. A and B are just 2 sides of the same building. They are only separated by the width of the food court. It is 4 or 5 times longer to go from one end of A to the other, than it is to cross from A to B which will take at most 3 minutes. It is not as though they are separated by a monorail. If you have a rental car, you can return it to A or B, so there is a 50% chance of arriving on the 'wrong' side anyway.
I think his hair is on perfectly
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Airside 4 (the satellite terminal that Virgin & Delta flights use) is on the B side of Orlando Airport. The train to the terminal drops you on the B side of the central atrium, but to walk over to the A side where the second bag reclaim is for Virgin (if you didn't take your bags on the train with you) is only a couple of minutes walk, at absolute most.

For reasons unknown - presumably creatures of habit - we always walk over to the A side of the terminal to collect our rental car, even though we don't use the 2nd bag reclaim & take our bags with us on the train. If you are driving to the I-Drive area, then the rental garages on the A side of the terminal are better placed for the North airport exit. If you're heading to Disney then the B side may be better so you can pick up the South airport exit quicker.

If my memory serves me right, Virgin used to have their check-in desks on the B side some years ago, but they moved over to A when some modernisation work was being done at MCO. Rental car facilities are the same on both the A and B sides and you can rent from one side & return to the other no problem.

If you're on Disney's Magical Express, then this departs from one extreme end of the ground transportation level on the B side of the terminal.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List