Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Nov 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by tspill View Post
The esta application specifically asks if you have more than one citizenship.
Yes, DH and DD both carry British and Irish passports and had to declare both on the ESTA.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Is the ESTA easy to complete? Is it individual ones for each of us or do we do it as a family? Sorry if I'm being unnecessarily stupid!
Bugsy73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bugsy73 View Post
Is the ESTA easy to complete? Is it individual ones for each of us or do we do it as a family? Sorry if I'm being unnecessarily stupid!
Each individual has to complete one (incl for children or infants). You can however make a group application - all that does is to let you pay together - you still have to complete one each.

It will ask about other citizenships and passports.

I would use the European one for Esta in this case and complete the details on the British one in the Esta. He shows only the European one in security/immigration.
Old 5 Nov 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugsy73
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks so much. Holiday of a lifetime, scared of getting something wrong! I'm sure I'll be back with more daft questions x
Bugsy73 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
My girlfriend has two passport and she just took her british one, didn't fill anything our to say she had two on the esta.
Doesn’t matter which one she uses providing she uses the one mentioned on the esta however, there is a section on the esta specifically asking if you have dual nationality.

OP. It’s a very straightforward process and the quest regarding dual citizenship is a simple yes no ans passport information. No need to worry
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 18, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bugsy73 View Post
The ESTA is very straightforward to complete. Very simple questions. Any problems there is a ? icon that explains what you need to enter.

Ignore the panic created on here on ESTAs - they are simple to complete - just take your time.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
I have a British and Canadian passport.

I enter the States using my Canadian passport (no ESTA needed), and I enter the UK on my British passport. I have only been asked once at check-in for both passports (that was in August, when I was flying back from San Jose, California).
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
I have a British and Canadian passport.

I enter the States using my Canadian passport (no ESTA needed), and I enter the UK on my British passport. I have only been asked once at check-in for both passports (that was in August, when I was flying back from San Jose, California).
Strange - you are only required to show them the passport you are travelling on. You are under no obligation to even carry your other passport.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Strange - you are only required to show them the passport you are travelling on. You are under no obligation to even carry your other passport.
This is only correct if you only need one of them to enter both countries. I have both UK and US and I need both as I can’t enter the US without my US passport (it’s a legal requirement to travel on US passport if you have one) and I can’t come home without my UK one.

I will add, do NOT pull both out and ask which they want. They get very suspicious about this.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
This is only correct if you only need one of them to enter both countries. I have both UK and US and I need both as I can’t enter the US without my US passport (it’s a legal requirement to travel on US passport if you have one) and I can’t come home without my UK one.

I will add, do NOT pull both out and ask which they want. They get very suspicious about this.
So at any one point in time you still only need to show ONE passport. So as I said, you are only obliged to have one passport at that time.