Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Luggage

Hi all

Just wondering how many bags a family of 4 take? 2 adults and 2 children (ages 6 & 3) take? I’m thinking 3 bags of checked in and 2 cabin bags (plus my handbag and DH backpack) as I’ll need to pack stuff for the kids to keep them entertained. My only worry is landing in MCO and having to transfer bags into the belt as it can take some time? Thank you
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We take 2 cases and 2 hand baggage. But I do wash while we are there.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are just back and family of four. We had three cases (one empty! ) and 3 cabin bags and managed fine without putting them on the belt. My DS took charge of the cabin bags and we just took our time ... like you I didn’t fancy waiting ages. Even with 2 cases between us we took far to many clothes and will halve what I took this time.
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace2007
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I also took loads of stuff for them to do in the plane and they never touched any of it ... they were glued to the screens! Or eating/drinking the food they were given.
Grace2007 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Family of 4, 1 case with 1 empty inside it and 2 collapsible holdalls so we can bring 4 bags home.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Family of 4, but older kids:

3 cases (+1 collapsed large holdall for return trip)
3 cabin bags
1 rucksack
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

2a 2c (6&3 when we go) I’m going to try for 1 case (plus holdhall inside for return) , 1pram, 1 car seat bag
Plus 2 cabin cases and the kids bags
We are doing a bit of road trip next year, five hotels in two weeks so want to take as little as possible.
We have a washer/dryer at each location and I’m going to use packing cubes to have five sets of outfits for all of us and just wash.

We again took far too much this year. However that was still only two cases. Three on the return as I had one inside one going out.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

All of our cases are on wheels. I have bought a couple of short luggage straps so that I can attach up to three cases together just for walking through the airport. It usually works out that I tow two cases with the right hand and two with the left and leave DW to handle passports and tickets.
Old 9 Nov 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

We took 4 cases, plus one cabin bag and my handbag. I gate carrying loads around on plane but manage at either end with a trolley.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

we'll take 2 cases with another case inside of each. Plus a cabin size case inside one of those.

Im always amazed at home much stuff people feel they need on a flight and dont put into the hold.

My kids are told they are carrying their own backpacks. So they pack very lightly.
Ipad, earphones, colouring book and some pencils to share (cheap pound shop ones so no one is upset if one rolls away and is never seen again)
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List