Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Sep 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

OP, have you tried Yotel in the South Terminal, I know they used to offer day bookings via their website.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Even if we check in online the night before?
Last time i stayed at PI i had to check in on screens at reception & have my room allocated at the end of the process.

With the majority of hotels, if your room isn't allocated out then the booking is effectively cancelled and you lose your money.
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsmeGAV View Post
OP, have you tried Yotel in the South Terminal, I know they used to offer day bookings via their website.
Yes, no family rooms, worse case I can book 2 doubles. We have stayed there before and it was useful and comfy
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
The only thing i'd say as cautionary to booking a room the night before, generally if you haven't checked in by a certain time they release the room.
We always do this an have never had a problem. We do stay the night before we fly out, so I always talk to reception and get them to make a note on the system. I wonder if it being an airport hotel with planes arriving at all time of the day and night if they're a bit different?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We always do this an have never had a problem. We do stay the night before we fly out, so I always talk to reception and get them to make a note on the system. I wonder if it being an airport hotel with planes arriving at all time of the day and night if they're a bit different?
It's possible, but personally i wouldn't be comfortable taking the risk
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
It's possible, but personally i wouldn't be comfortable taking the risk
Like I said, we've been doing it with the Premier Inn for years and never had a problem. Hopefully this next trip will be the same!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Well, I phoned PI North to book a day room, and they behaved like they had never heard of it being a thing?! I told them it is and others have rooms booked. They were having none of it ;( They said the only thing I can do is turn up on the day and see if theres a room. Ummm no!
Bloc are fully booked.
So now my 2 options are:
1. Book PI North for the night before, as check out is 12. Our flight arrives 7am, so tbh 12 would maybe be enough of a nap for a safe long drive home. I like the idea of just strolling across the road to crawl into bed as and wewill check in the night before online we can arrive as early as we can.
Or, book Arora hotel 10mins drive away that does day rooms but the risk is check in is 9am, so we may risk waiting for the room.
I think its a no brainer?
Weird, reservations said you can book the room when I spoke to them.

We actually wandered into PI North and booked the morning we needed the room. They gave us one room for two adults and three children.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I think I will risk booking it prior to and letting them know on our pre flight night that we won’t be arriving til approx 8am, will check in online and hopefully just collect key card without issue! It’s worth a gamble
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

If you are staying there before your flight, you can book your dayroom then. We were just now organised enough to do that.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Abbey36
VIP Dibber

Abbey36's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just to add we tried to book a day room in Gatwick PI North as we always stay there the night before our flight, & they said they did t do them - maybe it’s down to which member of staff you speak to? We ended up booking the Ibis through ‘dayrooms’ family room for £42 this was only a short drive from Gatwick long stay & was from 10 til 6 but we checked in around 9. They were serving breakfast next to reception so had tea & toast before sleep. They didn’t want any money or deposit when booking & you could cancel without fee on the day. We also expected to have to pay for parking but it was free. Would recommend this hotel.
Abbey36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List