Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Sep 14, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
alibabaxx
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to jump on but I see a few people have used Vacations To Go.

Just had a good quote for a 4 night cruise with RC. I'm hoping they do deal with UK residents and deposit only as the price is better with them than the UK site with $50 onboard credit too. Couple of questions...

Are they a reputable company?
There was mention as no cancellation fee with them but I take it you would lose your deposit?
Are onboard gratuities included in the price they quote?

Thanks x

2012 POR FQ Disneymoon
2013 OKW Disneymoon Pt2
2015 AKL and Cruise
2017 AKL, POP and Cruise
alibabaxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 14, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
MissBianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkerBabe View Post
We depart Port Canaveral on 23rd August 2015 for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise, visiting Cococay, St Thomas and St Maarten. We have 2 Promenade cabins which connect, one for us and one for our teenagers, and it cost us £1800 in total including gratuities. The same cruise on the RCI UK website was just over £3600
Hi TinkerBabe, this is a great price I have contacted Vacations to Go and have received some quotes. Just wondering if you prepaid the gratuities or if they were included in the quote? If you did pre-pay do you mind me asking how much you paid please?
I asked for gratuities but was told they weren't included, but unable to tell me how much it would be.

Also, does anyone know how much it would be for the drinks package? Just trying to work out how much I'd save once I've added the drinks and gratuities v the UK all inclusive offer on Royal Caribbean at the moment.

Sorry for all the questions... first time cruiser

Thank you
MissBianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by alibabaxx View Post
Sorry to jump on but I see a few people have used Vacations To Go.

Just had a good quote for a 4 night cruise with RC. I'm hoping they do deal with UK residents and deposit only as the price is better with them than the UK site with $50 onboard credit too. Couple of questions...

Are they a reputable company?
There was mention as no cancellation fee with them but I take it you would lose your deposit?
Are onboard gratuities included in the price they quote?

Thanks x
VacationsToGo is a reputable company, but it has a reputation for not providing as good a service as one can get elsewhere.

Generally speaking bookings through US travel agents don't include prepaid gratuities. You can calculate what the gratuities should be at cruisetip.tpkeller

Bookings will be subject to RCI's standard terms which you should be able to find at royalcaribbean/ (it's under maintenance at the moment, otherwise I'd look it up for you).

EDIT: Web site now working, here's some info:-

You will get a full refund if you notify us at least 75 days prior to your sailing date (60 days for 3 & 4-night cruises or 90 days for holiday sailings). Consult the chart below to determine cancellation charges applicable later.

Note: No refunds will be made if you do not show up for your cruise or if you interrupt or cancel your vacation once it has begun.

When calculating the days prior to sailing, the day of sailing should not be considered as one of the days. The day of sailing is considered the first day of the cruise, therefore, the penalty period will commence one day prior to the day of sailing.

The cancellation policy applies when reserving with our US Office only. Guests should contact their local Royal Caribbean International Office or Travel Agent for full details of applicable cancellation policies.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Edited at 02:30 PM.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 14, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

ooh - sounds like a great deal.

We're hoping to book a cruise round the Western Caribbean next Aug, but I just cannot choose!
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 14, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MissBianca
VIP Dibber

Thanks Hal I've emailed dreams unlimited today as its all gone quiet from vacations to go... the offer ends Monday!
MissBianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 14, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello everyone.

As like you ive been getting quotes for the western Caribbean cruise with royal caribbean out of port canaveral

Vacations to go and dreams unlimited are both coming out at £734 including gratuities for 3 adults sharing an inland cabin. Pretty good I thought?

Who do you thinks best? Vacation to go or dreams?

Many thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 14, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I am surprised that Dreams' is the same price as Vacations To Go. Dreams' is regarded as a full service travel agent, whereas VTG is regarded as a cheap discount operation - I would have expected to pay more through Dreams'. If you can get Dreams' for the same price it would be a no-brainer to go with Dreams' in my opinion.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 14, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
There has been a further price cut on our August 2015 Brilliance of the Seas cruise, which combined with RCi's current offer means that we just moved our booking to a larger balcony and saved $500 in cost and gained $400 in OBC. So check your existing (US) bookings, or consider a new booking if you don't have an existing one.

Old 23 Nov 14, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread