Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Sep 15, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by MaggieHill View Post
We flew with them to Miami in May but upgraded to pe and were very pleased with price, service and food, so when we had to get a flight for son in august we had no hesitation in booking again although it would be economy.
Well 22 year old son was not impressed at all.
He flew Manchester to MCO. He found the seats very thin and uncomfortable. He's 5ft 10 so not overly tall but he found he could get his head comfy - seat / head rest sent head forward, the seats also didn't recline. He was charged I think £4 for 250 ml orange juice. IFE was poor, upgrade available be he said it wasn't up to much (must say I wasn't overly impressed with selection in may but at least we got full package in pe)
He also said food wasn't great, but slightly better from the USA.
On the way home he said the train seats were much better, said he would never fly with them again!
I felt awful as I had booked the flight for him
The seats recline but the button is hidden

I'm 5ft 11 but the seat pitch width is bigger than our BA flight was previously, the leg room is the same, never felt uncomfortable on those flights,planning on upgrading movies on way out but we also have stuff loaded onto tablets to keep us entertained, however they were by far the cheapest flight option compared to BA or Virgin this time
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadFan View Post
The seats recline but the button is hidden

I'm 5ft 11 but the seat pitch width is bigger than our BA flight was previously, the leg room is the same, never felt uncomfortable on those flights,planning on upgrading movies on way out but we also have stuff loaded onto tablets to keep us entertained, however they were by far the cheapest flight option compared to BA or Virgin this time
A good tip regarding upgrading IFE is...
As the movies and TV shows etc are same going out as they are coming back, the wise thing to do is check out and make mental note of which of the movies and shows are free, (was 4 free movies if I recall correc tly)
Upgrade to full package on way out, and just watch the upgraded stuff.

Then, on way back (because you often fall asleep a bit on the way back so need less 'viewing' time anyway) watch the free stuff you avoided watching on the way out
That way it saves you upgrading both ways
I know its only £4 per person but for a big family it mounts up

It's what I'll do next time. Upgrading on way back was a waste of money because I'd watched all my faves on way out.
Just a thought!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
A good tip regarding upgrading IFE is...
As the movies and TV shows etc are same going out as they are coming back, the wise thing to do is check out and make mental note of which of the movies and shows are free, (was 4 free movies if I recall correc tly)
Upgrade to full package on way out, and just watch the upgraded stuff.

Then, on way back (because you often fall asleep a bit on the way back so need less 'viewing' time anyway) watch the free stuff you avoided watching on the way out
That way it saves you upgrading both ways
I know its only £4 per person but for a big family it mounts up

It's what I'll do next time. Upgrading on way back was a waste of money because I'd watched all my faves on way out.
Just a thought!
Yes going to save our tablets for the way home have quite a few movies on them to watch
Old 10 Sep 15, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goodisoner View Post
Just flew with them this August on the new refurb planes. The seats are quite spacey but I found them a bit thin and thought they were a pain in the backside, quite literally.

I thought the IFE was dire and they have an absolute nerve charging you £4 for it.
I would use them again but like you thought the seats weren't good quality. Every time the bloke in front moved his seat squeaked really loudly. The IFE didn't have much choice, but was ok. I watched a box set called Scandal and really enjoyed it.
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Hi
There seems to be an on going issue with Thomas cook flights.
they either use their own refurbed A330s (Says this service is provided by AirTanker in the small print) or Older Portuguese planes (this service is provided by HiFly - in the small print.
They have rekitted the AirTanker ones with 2-4-2 main seat config and the IFE personal on demand usb screens - but the HiFly ones apparently have only 4 movies and 2 are in French! Apparently these were only supposed to be used during the refits but...
We have booked with them for June/July next year (We actually booked Premium Economy on the way back!) then bang on the 11 months mark they have changed the flight times and confirmed it will be a HiFly plane! with no premium economy!
After raising a stink and threatening to cancel, they have appeased us enough to stay with them - we don't really have an alternative tbh...
So I'd wait until the schedule is past the 11 months and read the small print re what particular flight you will be on.
We are flying from Glasgow and on a Sunday and Monday and Friday they have a 10.10am AIRTANKER flight and on these and all other days they have an 11.15 HIFLY flight.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 15, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mickymoose
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Another positive review from me and my family. Two of the best flights we have ever had to the US. Very happy customers.

Here now and loving it!
mickymoose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 15, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Being a bit Goofy

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We got back on monday.
We had a 3hr delay on the way out (technical fault) but they gave all the plane the ife upgrade for free.
Food quite nice. Roast chicken or beef dinner and breakfast was yogurt, ceral bar and carton of OJ.

Staff a bit "off it" on the way home...guess they didn't want to go home either! but staff going were brilliant.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 15, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I held the curtain open from row 7 PE and from what I saw of the extra leg room seats, I wished I was there! Loads of leg room (the ones where the stewardess is facing you), saying that I was not disappointed with the PE seats, but we've booked the extra legroom seats next year to Miami. We had spare seats in PE, the lady in front asked if her sister could move from economy, yep said the stewardess - £99 - she wasn't expecting this, but I thought it was a better price than I'd seen online. 😊
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 15, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Mobile

Papamouse, how can you tell which plane? There was a time change just when I kept pricing but there is still a premium section.
Old 11 Sep 15, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Papamouse, how can you tell which plane? There was a time change just when I kept pricing but there is still a premium section.
The most flights that are the air tanker are from stansted or Glasgow if your from Manchester the chances are slim, though I'm sure they were meant to have finished their refurb now but don't quote me on that
Closed Thread