Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Sep 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Thank you for the review on Takum-Tei, it looks lovely, really impressed with all the food pictures, the tasting menu here is in the running for our anniversary on our next trip but I think my husband has his heart set on Bull and Bear at the Waldorf
Well I think either would be fantastic, I was thinking of the Bull & Bear for my 50th in April 2020 but turns out we will be in New York.

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Wow wow wow. I love the look of the food. I’d have ordered the crab and the giant prawns. Brilliant review thank you 😊😊
Thank you. I think the crab and giant prawns would have been my ideal choices. I love seafood, but I try to mix it up. Nev loves meat, but he tries to mix it up too. We probably would have had each other’s main though.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh my goodness Takumi-Tei looks like my dream restaurant!

(Bathrooms aside).

Drooling over your lobster mac and cheese too.
Both were great dining in their own different ways.

Edited at 05:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 10: Epcot snacking!

We did not intend to have an Epcot snacking day, this is a brilliant thing to do if on the dining plan but not so much OOP. We planned to simply visit Epcot and I had a restaurant booked for lunch. But we ended up snacking around Epcot.

We did most of the rides; Soarin’ and Test Track once each, Frozen twice and then most of the tier 2 rides. Some were before our snacking and some after. But anyway, here follows our snacks.

First up was a Quesito from the Islands of Caribbean stand. This was a cream cheese puff pastry with a guava sauce on top. Lovely.

Next we moved to China and selected to share the Mala chicken and shrimp bao bun. It looks a little informal for these photos but we also really enjoyed it.

After this we moved onto India and selected the korma chicken with naan bread. We were a little indifferent about this one.

Next was Africa and we didn’t want any more food but we found a nice table so I decided to try the wine flight and Nev had a Tusker lager. I quite liked the white wine, the second red wine was really sweet and a bit weird, the final wine was ok.

Next stop was Germany. We couldn’t agree on a single dish here so Nev had the sausage in a bun and I had the pasta gratin with ham, onions and cheese. We both loved these. I also decided to try the Riesling flight but I did not like any of the wines.

We decided to skip Spain and so our final snacking was my very favourite cuisine, Italian. We selected the Parmesan and Pecorino Ravioli, served with bacon. It was naturally my favourite dish of the day being my favourite cuisine. However some of the ravioli seemed to be stuffed full of seafood. Not a problem for us per se, but it put Nev off and obviously this could be an issue for some people.

Old 20 Sep 19, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I really enjoyed that ravioli and it too was one of my favourites alongside the Thai beef curry. I wish my ravioli had been stuffed with seafood it would have made my day 😊😊😊we also loved the German Mac and cheese. We are definitely food twins 😂

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

The pasta gratin looks delicious. It seems like you're getting on quite a few rides. Is it not too busy?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I really enjoyed that ravioli and it too was one of my favourites alongside the Thai beef curry. I wish my ravioli had been stuffed with seafood it would have made my day 😊😊😊we also loved the German Mac and cheese. We are definitely food twins 😂
I was only sorry I was getting a bit full by Italy and had to share with Nev.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
The pasta gratin looks delicious. It seems like you're getting on quite a few rides. Is it not too busy?
We walked onto Soarin’ in the morning, then did the booked T2s and a couple of T2 walk ons. Frozen was my pre booked T1 pass, as I got off I managed to snag a second one for half an hour later. When we returned it had closed down so we got a multiple pass, I then thought I would see if it would let me book another specific FP and it did, so I got Test Track booked and used the multiple pass on a Frozen again when it reopened. So I think we had a bit of FP luck rather than it wasn’t busy, stand by queues seemed “normal”.
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It is early days for Takumi-Tei and it would be nice to see it a little busier, I felt sad to see all the empty tables in there, hopefully things will pick up in time. We agree we would like to go back one day, but we don’t think it will will be on the agenda for next year. We hope that when we do go back it will be thriving.

The food looks nice and we were hoping to try it but it wasn't open in time for our previous trip. Sadly, I don't think we will for a while as along with M. Paul TIW is not accepted. It won't help their numbers as I'm sure I'm not the only TIW card holder that will choose elsewhere to eat.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Some nice looking dishes at F&W, personally I wouldn't have picked the Quesito or the Korma but would have cheerfully scoffed the rest
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Day 10: Old Faithful Lounge dinner

Last night we had tickets to the After Dark event at MK so we didn’t do anything special for dinner and settled for the Hors D’oeuvres offering during the 5-7pm Lounge service.

According to the menu, the offerings we tried included; Whispering Canyon Cafe slow smoked ribs, Shrimp cocktail with Asian slaw and Curried chicken salad. The pasta in tomato sauce was served hot but is not on the daily menu so I don’t know if it has a specific name.

We had a decent meal from the hors d’oeuvres selection and it was good to get some value out of Club level tonight. The ribs were maybe a little bit too charred / smoked for me, but were otherwise tasty. The shrimp was unusually served with a slice of clementine. My favourite dish of the night was the curried chicken, shown served in the glass pot. Yum.
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I need to have another read of your food reports as we are considering deluxe dining plan
You must do it Nicki, I would love to hear what you guys made of it! We are doing it again this year and I can't wait!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great to read your Food and Wine thoughts Claudette, Germany is probably OH's favourite booth, we love that gratin. The ravioli is very high on my list of things to try.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List