Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 13, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by goofy29 View Post
Have been 5 times at Xmas and the things I would note are:
1 it's very busy and I mean busy to the point where parks close to new visitors so be aware
2 weather is variable last Xmas it was really nice but have been when you have had to scrape ice from the car!
3 the parks are gorgeous and the decorations are fantastic it's a real joy
4 it's the most expensive time of year to book for more expensive than summer so you may need to save a little harder
4 as for the guilt when we go we have a Xmas day with the family beforehand so we exchange presents have Xmas dinner etc this appeases the guilt a little but once I get there it's all forgotten as we have such a fantastic time

We would go every Xmas if we could as we enjoy it so much hope you book as you will enjoy it so much good luck hope this helps

Thanks, this is really helpful! I'm not fussed about the weather as I live in Scotland so I am used to variable weather (it's way too hot today, but had heating on last week!) I think what I would love most would be the atmosphere tbh, not sure we could afford to stay onsite if it's that much more expensive but a villa would be lovely as we could have a Christmas dinner there and then hit a park for fireworks at night. Nice and relaxed. Ooooh I'm off to price Christmas 2014 to get a rough idea of cost thanks so much! xx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
It was the Father Christmas thing for me - we ended up having a Christmassy Day at home the Sunday before we went so the boys could have their presents off family - I told my little one that FC had agreed to deliver early and then we did the whole Christmas Day thing as we had bought bits from the shops to open on the day, we had a private villa and there was a tree and decs so it was fab ... We went out for Christmas dinner at the Peabody Hotel and it was spectacular - I really can recommend it x
Yeah I was worried about the Santa thing but I think I'm being naive if I think DD will still believe at 13.5 (I'm not even sure we'll get her believing this year ) and DS will be 10 so I'm not really sure how it will pan out with him. Would just play it by ear xxx
'OHANA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Good luck ... Let us know how you get on! The villa we used was brilliant and very reasonable - it's a dibb villa *Sunrise Luvury Villa* xx

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Grrr Luxury even - blooming iphone! xx

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
CazP
Imagineer

The Santa thing wasn't a problem for us either, DD's were 9 & 11 and had long stopped believing
WDW Oct 1991 HoJo DLP June 2001 Cheyenne DLP Santa Fe Feb 2003 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2008 WDW Xmas 2008 CBR DLP Santa Fe Oct 2010 DLP Santa Fe Oct 2012 Ramada Int. Drive Aug 2013 DLP Cheyenne Oct 2014 IDrive & OKW July/August 2016 Oct 2016 Cheyenne DLP Aug 2017 Fairfield Inn July 2018 Newport Bay
CazP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CazP View Post
The Santa thing wasn't a problem for us either, DD's were 9 & 11 and had long stopped believing
Aw, I will never, ever, ever admit that he's not real. My chant in the lead up when they start to question is 'If you don't believe, you don't receive!' More because I don't want to lose the Christmas magic myself than anything else haha! I'm sure DD is suss but keeps schtum so she still gets presents DS still truly does believe and he'll be 8 at start of December this year. Long may it continue! xx
Old 9 Jul 13, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
'OHANA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
Good luck ... Let us know how you get on! The villa we used was brilliant and very reasonable - it's a dibb villa *Sunrise Luvury Villa* xx
Oooh I will have a gander, thank you v much! Still a long way off but nice to have TWO Florida holidays in the making xx
Old 9 Jul 13, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
We went in Dec 2011 and absolutely loved it, think its well worth going if just the once especially for all the decorations and everything, we did go 8th till 22nd so not quite as expensive as going over Christmas, take a look at my Trippie in my siggy for ideas
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 13, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread