Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Sep 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fifimouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fifimouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Beach club for that amazing looking pool and location for epcot and Hollywood. I love animals but my other half is more into pool time and we both love epcot, food and wine this year looks great and I am a big star wars fan so proximity to Hollywood is a total bonus!
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I find AKL a bit too remote and dark so I prefer the BC. Best location for me as EPCOT is my favourite park.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
priceclan
Getting Excited

Akl for us. Fifth time next June. As it says on the main entrance, Welcome Home.
priceclan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks everyone! BC looking favourable at the moment, unless it comes down to money and we have to look at CBR. I loved the boardwalk, and close proximity to Epcot is a major advantage. I have read somewhere that you can walk to HS too from the BC? Does anyone know if this is true?
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Originally Posted by LouBull View Post
Thanks everyone! BC looking favourable at the moment, unless it comes down to money and we have to look at CBR. I loved the boardwalk, and close proximity to Epcot is a major advantage. I have read somewhere that you can walk to HS too from the BC? Does anyone know if this is true?
It is true. We did it a couple of times. Walk along the river past the back of Boardwalk.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LouBull
Having Dinner with Goofy

LouBull's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
It is true. We did it a couple of times. Walk along the river past the back of Boardwalk.
That’s great! Was it a long walk? I’m sure it wouldn’t bother me walkinga distance anyway, especially if buses were busy
LouBull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

That’s great! Was it a long walk? I’m sure it wouldn’t bother me walkinga distance anyway, especially if buses were busy
I think it maybe took us about 15-30 mins? Wasn’t too long at all but I thought it would’ve quicker for some reason. But didn’t stop us walking there and back a couple of times.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I don't think there is a bus from BC to HS its a boat or walk
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post

It is walkable, in that there is a path. I would happily walk the distance in the UK but depending on when you are going, I would not want to do it in Florida heat and humidity. I prefer to conserve my energy for walking around the parks.

You cannot get a bus from BC to HS, it would need to be a boat if you want to use Disney transport.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Yep. It's just over a mile.

I would go out for early morning runs from the BC to HS, back again and a few laps of the Boardwalk lake.

I'd also always walk to the Studios during the day - with the kids taking the boat - but with a real feel in the mid-40s, you may prefer to take the boat yourself!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List