Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Jan 11, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

September 2011 brides!

This is it, this is our month to secure our dates!

Own up, who else cant stop thinking, panicing and getting excited about it?!

If your aiming for a disney wedding what date are you going for, venue and time?

Were holding out for 14th sept at 5pm at DWP *fingers crossed*

Interested to see who my fellow september 2011 disney brides to be are, how exciting in just 8 months time we'll nearly be out there with all our nearest and dearest's!

Joey x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 11, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Joey,

I'm loving this thread, can't believe it's nearly time for us to book.

We are hoping for the 12th of september, but will also be happy with the 13th.
We are getting married at DWP, and would ideally like the 12pm slot, if not the 10am.

I am unbelievably excited and haven't thought of anything else since the start of the year, i think when we secure out date, i'll feel better but at the moment i'm really scared we won't get anything.

So what are your plans? Are you doing a pre-trip report?

I can't believe there are 3 of us in days of each other, i really hope we all get what we want.

So are you all organised dress etc?
As we have the same timeline it'll be good to see where we are at

Diane x
Old 4 Jan 11, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I have THE dress ordered - absolutely in love with it so happy

Also have the bridesmaid dress ordered and my viel.

Our wedding package and honeymoon is booked with first choice - 22 days in Florida

We have our reception venue in the uk booked too so everything is going to plan!

Currently doing our wedding invites which are driving me a little mental as im not very patient haha.

Cant believe its only 8 months left eeeek! So excited but so nervous for next Friday!

How about you, have you found THE dress? do you have anything booked yet?

I havent thought of a pre trip report hmmmmmm maybe i'm slacking! Do you have one? I have a blog that i write on fromwidetobride.blogspot which has covered everything in my diet and wedding planning since i was proposed to last March. does that count haha?
Old 4 Jan 11, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Joey,

It sounds like we are at the same stage.

I have bought my dress, it was the first one I tried on, it's a proper princess dress, don't know how I'll carry it, but I don't care as I love it!

Have ordered my sisters bridesmaid dress, it's got a little bit of sparkle on so she's happy.
My colour is red, what's yours?

We are flying from gatwick on the 5th of September and return on the 21st.
We are staying at port Orleans riverside then on the 15th we go on the Disney Dream for 3 nights.

We have booked a reception for our return on the 24th of September.
our colour scheme is red White and black.
I already have all my centrepieces and decorations and I've ordered our cake.

I'm making our invitations and rsvps at the moment and I'm losing the will!
I'll be so pleased and proud when they are done but at the moment I'm sick.

I read a little of your blog today, it's great. How much have you lost in total?
I've dropped 2 sizes but still have a stone to go.

Can't wait to hear more of your plans

Diane x
Old 4 Jan 11, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkgirl
Imagineer

Pinkgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 34
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Joey and Diane

Just wanted to say that I am sooooo excited for you both! Looking foward to hearing all about your plans so that I can maybe pinch some ideas for our wedding in 2012! x

My Princess
2016 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2014 - Marriott Courtyard, RPR, Yacht Club; 2012 - Rosen Inn, Yacht Club; 2010 - POFQ; 2009 - POR; 2008 - Wyndham, POFQ, Renaissance Seaworld; 2003 - Holiday Inn, I Drive; 2000 - Hojo, I Drive, All Star Movies; 1997 - Best Western, I Drive
Pinkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 11, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I have bought my dress, it was the first one I tried on, it's a proper princess dress, don't know how I'll carry it, but I don't care as I love it!
haha you sound so much like me. I took a little longer to find mine but every shop i went into i mentioned it being a wedding abroad and they kept mentioning destination dresses which drove me crazy to the point at which i told one shop assistant with a giggle 'listen luv i'd rather choose the dress of my dreams and have to buy another seat on the plane than compramise and get a lighter dress because i'm travelling'

Lucky THE dress is not huge, but its not floaty either haha

My colour is red, what's yours?
Our colour scheme is deep plum / Aubergene / Eggplant... different suppliers seem to call it different things haha but i think its just deep purple!

We are flying from gatwick on the 7th and coming home on the 28th and our UK reception is 3 days later (peole keep telling me were mental to do it that soon after but i want to have my uk reception before i have to return to work!) plan is to be in Orlando with everyone who is coming with us from the 7th until 18th then our honeymoon starts and we are going on a roadtrip out to the east coast down to the florida keys and back up the west coast.

Luckily for us a family member has a villa in orlando so we are staying there until our wedding day and from that night and for 5 nights we are staying at Animal Kingdom lodge.

Ohhhhhhhh god just talking about it makes me so so exicted

I lost 3 stone in total but then went to florida for 2 weeks last september and put on 6lb and didnt ever really manage to get back into the swing of things with the diet and so between october - christmas and to the present i put on another 5lb gutted so restarted the diet today hoping to get those gains back off ASAP!

Well done on dropping 2 sizes - thats a great result! 1 stone loss is a totally do-able target by september - good luck

God i'm so nervous for next friday - cant stop thinking about it!

Just wanted to say that I am sooooo excited for you both! Looking foward to hearing all about your plans so that I can maybe pinch some ideas for our wedding in 2012! x
Thank you very much Pinch away hehe
Old 4 Jan 11, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm a september 2011 bride but i'm not getting married at disney.
Old 4 Jan 11, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I know what you mean about people thinking you should get something light and easy to carry.
Although i think dresses that are floaty that are lovely, i'm really curvy so need something substantial witha corset.
I really wanted a big tulle number and i'm lucky i found it straight away, i did try on 1 other dress but felt like i was cheating on mine!

Love your colour, so classy.
I went for red cos it's a mickey and minnie colour(i really am that disney crazy) and my sister has dark hair and tans so easily so looks fab in it.

I agree about the wedding reception. We arrive back in Newcastle on the wednesday and our reception is on the Saturday, as we are back to work on the monday.
I didn't want to go back to work for a week and then have our reception.

I love the sound of your trip, your roadtrip sounds fab, we've never been out of orlando, i'd love to go to the keys but don't have enough time this time.

Are you spending the night before together?

I am going to stay as the waldorf astoria near downtown disney as we had a tour when we visited in september and it was amazing.

I really want to stay in a suite to give me enough space to get ready, and it is so much cheaper than disney

Can't believe you were in florida last september too! I put on about 5lb and never got properly back in my diet. 3 stone is amazing though, bet you feel the difference.

Can't believe we get our dates in a week, i have everything crossed.
I'll be a wreck on wednesday, and i have the dentist, dunno what will be worse!
Old 4 Jan 11, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Are you spending the night before together?
No were not, were sticking to tradition. My parents, nan, aunt and brother are staying in the same villa as us up until the night before our wedding then i'm staying there and my partner is staying with his friends who are also coming out for the wedding also, so we will be appart on the eve of our wedding

Love that you have connected your theme to disney colours, love that!

Our trip to florida last september was booked before we were even engaged as a big family holiday, so it came in very handy to visit all the wedding venues whilst we were out there to make our decision, that was a very exciting day

I've not been inside the waldorf astoria but it sounds like you are going to have a lovely stay for your 'last night of freedom'

Do you have many guests able to attend? Times are hard for our friends unfortunately a lot of them have been made redundant recently so for us it is mainly close family members attending but i still wouldnt have it any other way. We are both big disney fans and massive Florida fans so it will be just perfect with just our nearest and dearest then a big knee's up when we return for our UK reception.

I'm a september 2011 bride but i'm not getting married at disney
Not long to go for all of us now! How are your plans coming along? do you have all the main bits booked organised? x
Old 5 Jan 11, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey Ladies,
Saw this post this morning and have been dying to get on here to reply! I'm sooooooooooooo excited!

Let me catch up!

We are hoping for September 15th at 2.30pm at DWP! I hope we get the date more than the time as it will be our 8 yr anniversary that day! I'm so scared it will be unavaliable
Keeping my fingers crossed!
We are flying out from Gatwick on the 8th Sept and staying at the Port Orleans Riverside (So may see you Disney Bride) We fly home on the 22nd Sept
We have 14 people confirmed (mainly my family) who are staying in a villa off on international drive. Daves family are looking to book by the end of Jan are are hoping to stay in the Wyndham.

I have all dresses ordered, mine is very princess too! Our colours are pale pink and silver. Dave needs a suit and we all need shoes!

I havent even looked into the reception at home yet, but mine is going to have to be after we go back to work as I want to have a convalidation ceremony (as I am catholic) and it takes 2 weeks to process your wedding certificate.
Do we get our wedding certificates on the day to take away with us?

It will be both mine and Daves first time to Disney and Florida, I so excited, but a little nervous that I have never seen the place I am getting married, but then again it looks AMAZING!
We will be staying apart on the night b4 wedding too! Don't want him to see me till I'm walking down the aisle!

How exciting we will all have to meet up for a drink when we r there!
Closed Thread