Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 May 13, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Macmac
Imagineer

I am really surprised at the consternation this seems to have caused. I take my hat off to this young lady who has shown a bit if enterprise. It may not be politically correct, but those of you who think she is being unethical what would you rather she do? I am sure she wouldn't be spoiled for choice when it comes to earning a living.
If she is prepared to offer a service, which others are prepared to pay for, good luck to her.
As for taking advantage, I can think if 101 business practises that take advantage of us all that would cause me much more concern than this.
Macmac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kim
Imagineer

I've seen the poor mans version of this countless times.

This is where the families hire a wheelchair and then take it in turns pretending to be disabled to skip the queues.

Kim
Kim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks
Imagineer

Tinks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Bang out of order if u ask me!

DL California - 2018
WDW - 2017, 2016, 2015/2014, 2013/2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007
DLP - 2005, 2015 , 2018
Tinks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracey92 View Post
Not sure i believe anything in an article that states its a small world has a 2 and a half hour wait!
I'm with you there. To be with someone who is in a wheelchair really slows you down, you can't easily dart in and out of the crowds, plus a GAC is no guarantee of getting to the front of the line. A few years ago DD had a lot of mobility problems and we found that we would certainly have a longer wait than some of those in the main queue. Also there is no guaranteed seating, once all the disabled seats are gone that's that and you get told to try a later show. With the VIP tour they get vip seating at shows and a cast member who plans your day for you and gets you straight into the fast pass queues, if I was rich I know which I'd go for.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow. Ok I get that this girl has entrepreneurial ideas, but the article says that she has an autoimmune condition, and uses the mobility scooter, but speaking as somebody with an autoimmune condition, this would be my idea of hell. As much as I love Disney, I couldn't put myself through it for more than a few days a year.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kim View Post
I've seen the poor mans version of this countless times.

This is where the families hire a wheelchair and then take it in turns pretending to be disabled to skip the queues.

Kim

Yep or people hooking up with disabled friends just to jump queue's.

Unfortunatly the GAC is abused. I think when its issued it should have the name's on it of those in the disabled person's party so only those can benefit from it.
Then people couldn't agree to meet up with "friends" so they too don't have to queue.

I believe in the USA unlike DLP you don't need to show proof of disability ,maybe that needs .

But as usual the minority will spoil it for those that really need it.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Tracey92 View Post
Not sure i believe anything in an article that states its a small world has a 2 and a half hour wait!
I suspect its very possible to have that long a wait in peak periods like Easter and Christmas.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
neverbeen
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I met up with people last year who were boasting about how they managed to jump the queues because their child has ADHD. I'm not sure what this did to the child's self-esteem or any privacy he may have expected and TBH the queue times they were shouting about weren't all that different to what we had encountered.

As for hiring someone in a wheelchair so that you can jump to the front. Seems a bit desperate to me - or perhaps the thought of standing and making conversation with their own families during a half hour wait is just too awful to contemplate.

Jun02 DLP Hotel Cheyenne *Nov04 DLP Explorers *Feb06 DLP Explorers *July/Aug12 WDW Highlands Reserve *Jul13 DLP Adagio *Dec13 DLP Cheyenne *Jul14 DLP Kyriad *Dec16 DLP Santa Fe *Aug18 DLP Adagio *Dec18 DLP Adagio Jun19 DLP *Aug22 DLP Sequoia Lodge *Dec22 DLP Adagio
neverbeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Midsummer
Imagineer

On one of our trips to Florida we had friends with us, one of which had an artificial leg and found walking for long periods very difficult. We therefore hired a wheelchair each time we visited a park. Although the parks weren't busy when we went I used to feel very guilty when we bypassed a longish queue.
Midsummer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 13, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Simply cut it from 'allowed to bring 6 people along' to 'allowed to bring 1 person with them' and problem solved.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread