Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Nov 09, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

premium econ v ba world traveller plus

anyone tried both or either of virgin premium economy or ba world traveller plus as both very close in price just want some opinions on which one gives a bit more value and comfort for money i have done virgin pe to orlando wasnt the greatest but that was prob more to do with the plane being a bit of an old banger we want to do west coast next year any help appreciated thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 09, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post

can anyone help iam looking to book tommorow as prices are so close really need to know what you guys make of ba pe compared with virgin pe any info helpfull please
Old 22 Nov 09, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ian180
Apprentice Imagineer

It is widely acknowledged the VA have hte better PE/WT+ product. Leather seats which are more comfortable, meals on 'proper' plates, after dinner liquer, seperate dining, priority boarding etc. WT+ tends to be a bit more dated, although in saying that, we did an overnighter from Rio De Janeiro and it wasn't that bad! Normally we do Club, but there wasn't enough availability with my BA miles to do the return leg, so we were nervous about what to expect. While the food was economy, it was of decent quality, the service itself was good, with an extra half bottle of wine trown in and a double brandy for after dinner! The seats were not as comfy, but did the job, and all in all, I was pleasantly surprised.

So VA are the better product aesthetically, but BA do the job quite well too! Probably doesn't help too much, but there are my opinions and observations.
Grand Flo.'98,'99,Xmas'00,'02&'04,'06,'07,'09,'12-NewYork-'00,'01,'03,'05,'07,'12,'14,'22--Hawaii/W.Coast 2001; Vegas-'02,'05,'07,'08,'09,11,12,14,16,19,22; Singapore&OZ-'03;HK,OZ&NZ-'05. Canada'06,12; Dubai'08,10; China/Japan'08; Cape Town'09; South America Sep'09; Nicaragua, C.Rica, Panama '14; Alaska '16,'20; Boston&Cali '22;Iceland '23.
ian180 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 09, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papadoc
Excited about Disney

If the prices are similar I would personaly choose Virgin.

If you are flying to LA or San Francisco you will get the newer purple leather seats which have V-Port installed, so you can pick and choose what to watch and pause/FF to movies, so if you need to go to the loo you do not miss anything.

The Virgin flights to Vegas have the older seats on them with an older entertainment system, but the best thing about Vegas flights is that most of the PE section is upstairs in the 'bubble', so there are only about 40 of you there. It's like having your own private aircraft, and the couple of times I've been lucky to use it the service was excellent.

As Ian states, the onboard service on Virgin is also slightly upgraded, and you also get a seperate check-in area for PE with Virgin.

hope this helps a bit, whoever you choose have a good time
papadoc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Never flown with BA but flew Virgin premium economy outbound LHR to SFO last month and loved it!

Dedicated check in desk, priority boarding, pre flight drink, more choice for lunch and served on proper plates with proper cutlery etc, excellent service, comfy wide deep leather seats with great legroom, foot rest (this was, strangely, one of the things that improved our comfort the most lol), priority disembarkment, priority baggage.

We flew economy home and I could have cried when we sat down. PE is so different! I would never fly economy again!
Old 23 Nov 09, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

well i bit the bullet and bought flights to sfo today on vpe planes look to be better than ones we flew to orlando on never had a bad trip with virgin only 10 moths to wait now thanks for your thoughts
Old 23 Nov 09, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
BB139
VIP Dibber

We've done both a number of times to MCO, chosen on price at the time. However, Virgin has always had a superior service in PE, better seats and you are able to pre-book your seat.

BB139 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 09, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread