Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 09, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pooh73 View Post
Yeah we do drive but concerend about driving back after a long haul..
completely understand, we live in London and I hate the drive back home espcially this year after we got stuck in traffic for hours and all we wanted to do was get home. Maybe book a hotel room for your return night? then you could drive home the next day all fresh after a good nights sleep
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 09, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymum
Imagineer

We've just flown with Virgin from LHR to LAX & had a great flight & sooooo much food! Kids loved the entertainment, so from me I would def do the direct flight with Virgin When are you going? There maybe cheaper options than booking direct with Virgin

On the other thread I think it said you go on the 5th Aug. Check your flights via expedia, I got £2804 with BA for 5 of you from Manchester via London.

Pop Cen Jan 2006, All Star Mov Sept 2007, POR Sept 2008
DCR DLRP Jan 2009, Cheyenne May 2009, Grand Cal, SSR & AKV Nov 2009, Tuscan Ridge & AKV Aug 2010, AKV & Disney Dream Apr 2011, Dibb Villa & AKV Dec 2011, DCR DLRP Aug 2012 & March 2013, AKV OKW & Disney Dream Aug 2015, AKV OKW POLY VB & Disney CA Aug 2017, PP Cali & Knotts Berry Farm May 2018
SL DLRP Xmas 2018 CB GFV VB Aug 2019, SL DLRP Xmas 2019

Edited at 12:08 AM.
Funkymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Boyle73
Imagineer

Hi

Have you considered Air New Zealand? They fly from London to Los Angeles, we have just booked PE for next August as they have a sale on at the moment, we saved £200 per person compared to flying with Virgin

Lesley
Boyle73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi,

As the costs are comparable, I would do the direct flight with Virgin. The others have a connection (either in UK or USA). Personally, I would only consider an indirect if there was a substantial saving (had a bad experience in May with a missed connection).

We're flying from LHR and back into LGW in April, we live in Carlisle, so a looong journey home. Like you we don't want to drive, so we're using the train - you'll have many more options and faster journey than we have. We're travelling down the afternoon before we fly, but we always do this wherever we fly from, as you could be delayed whichever means of transport you use. We could have flown indirect from MAN, with a shorter journey either end, but decided that direct was best for us this time. We also got a M+M fare with Virgin

If you do choose a train journey, check out holidayextras; their tickets include some free child places, and are "open" tickets so no probs if you are delayed on the way back.

HTH
Anne

Edited at 12:46 PM.
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hi again,

Forgot to say, as recommended above, we're using the Travelodge at LHR Central , booked at sale prices

Anne
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Of the airlines you mentioned, BA, Virgin, or Delta; BA would be the best choice in economy, followed by Virgin, with Delta last.

If you are happy to fly direct from LHR, I agree with the Air New Zealand option which is likely to be better than all 3. Air New Zealand would also be better in PE, followed by Virgin, and then BA.

In Business, it would probably be ANZ, followed by BA, followed very closely by Virgin.

Kayak.co.uk is good for searching for flights. Net Flights has Air New Zealand PE from £879 in August at the moment, which is great value.

If you would prefer to fly from MAN Kayak will give you a range of other alternatives too, rather than just flying via London or ATL. e.g. you could fly AA via New York.

Of all the options, ANZ in PE for a direct flight from LHR to LAX at £100 or so each way over the cost of flying economy with BA or Virgin appears the best value.

We are flying Business Class to LAX in May, and are flying on Swiss Air from LCY via Zurich to LAX to give you some idea of the variety of choice out there.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
Originally Posted by Boyle73 View Post
Hi

Have you considered Air New Zealand? They fly from London to Los Angeles, we have just booked PE for next August as they have a sale on at the moment, we saved £200 per person compared to flying with Virgin

Lesley
Exactly what I was going to ask. They such a good airline. My son has flown with them. He booked after reading great reviews. He said that the CC were very good and the food excellent. In fact they thought that they were the best airline he has ever flown with.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 09, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread