Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 1 Aug 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Hated it. I found the worse part my frustration at many others not bothering with face masks.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Went to my local John Lewis and it was pretty good, social distancing, everyone masked up, although it was ‘unnatural’ I felt safe and actually relaxed. I got exactly what I went in for and it made a nice change from shopping online, then made my way to M&S, again a similar experience to John Lewis. Next I popped into Sainsbury’s to pick up some fresh fruit - total opposite, mad house, people ignoring social distancing, no masks, I turned round and left as I did not feel safe. I will continue with food delivery slots as too risky for me.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Were going to buy a his and hers set of Longines watches today from the Trafford centre (as our wedding gifts to each other) and normally I'd be giddy with excitement but I'm dreading it
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
Were going to buy a his and hers set of Longines watches today from the Trafford centre (as our wedding gifts to each other) and normally I'd be giddy with excitement but I'm dreading it
Louise. Lovely watches and what great gifts to each other. I'm sure the actual shop will be fine.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Nope, do it online . Won’t be visiting shops in a mask unless absolutely necessary.
Old 1 Aug 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I had to go and post a parcel this morning, there were 2 woman and child in front of me. The child asked one of them what the sign said 'You have to wear your mask to stay safe, but not you as you're too small' she said, as she continued to gossip with the other woman - masks around their chins.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I hate it I can manage about 10 mins in a mask before I feel like I'm going to pass out so the only time I'll be going to the shops is for essential shopping only

We did go shopping today but literally went to the 4 shops I needed to go to and only looked at the things I went for no browsing anything else. We would normally have visited far more shops but its far to much hassle at the moment. The only good thing about it was the shops are so dead there were not really any queues anywhere so it was really quick in & out but the shops must be struggling with such low footfall.
Saw quite a few people with no masks on today even in shops and those that were wearing them a fair few had them under their noses including the staff monitoring customer numbers at the door of the shopping centre
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I have to wear a mask when I’m on the shop floor in work. I’ve managed now that I switch off and just get on with it.
As for shopping, I’m ok with the food shopping but I don’t want to go clothes shopping. I just don’t see the point, and I’m not sure if we can try on yet so just pointless.
I’m not one anyway for going out browsing round the shops and going for coffee etc. I really just shop when I need something.
Hopefully it will save me money.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Always hated shopping!
Good bookshops an exception.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

I nipped in NEXT v quickly today as needed new shorts. Hated it as couldn't try anything on. Will probably need to return most of it as won't fit. Grabbed a few extra bits as want to go into shops as little as possible.

May take a pop up tent next time So I can try stuff on in the car park 🤣🤣🤣
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List