Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 9 Aug 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Online food shopping- how do you find it?

We are currently in quarantine following our trip to Spain and I was lucky enough to get a Tesco online shop delivered the day after we got home. Tesco were great with just a couple of substitutions which were comparable eg. Different brand of potatoes.
Fast forward to this week, we were unable to get Tesco so booked Asda. I’ve been on a couple of times to add things and there’s been a whole range of substitutions plus things being removed due to the offer (3 for 2) ending or being out of stock (lager). Last checked yesterday evening and was happy with list. Today, I’ve got my text saying when it will be delivered and there’s been even more substitutions. They’ve replaced my red grapes with Strawberries. Why? Surely, there were green grapes or black grapes or mixed grapes?

So that’s a big thumbs up for Tesco, a big thumbs down for Asda.

Who do you use? What is the strangest substitution that you’ve received? I bet there have been some great ones - much more exciting than my strawberry/grape swap.😊
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have tried Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Morrisons. However none of them beats Ocado - been a customer now for 15 years and given up all the others. They are on time, produce is fresh. As they have no shops, all their stock is in purpose built warehouses and keep correct temperatures with minimum moving around. They also pricematch Tesco. I do twice weekly deliveries.
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

If I need to use online shopping again, I’ll give Ocado a try.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Asda replaced radish for beetroot for me 🤣 luckily I like beetroot so wasnt much a problem.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I use Sainsbury’s click and collect and they are great. Very few substitutions and always sensible ones. I hate grocery shopping so do this most weeks.

We used to use Tesco delivery and they were also fine. Just started struggling to get a slot since lockdown so moved to sainsbury collect as have always been able to book one of those.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I’ve used Tesco for about 14 years. Had a couple of random substitutes, but nothing major, and you can hand them back. Really struggled to get slots after lockdown started, so used Sainsbury’s click and collect. I do have to check the dates with Sainsburys, but they are always happy to change (the other week a pack of ham was out of date the next day, so the guy disappeared and came back with another pack with a much better date).

I’m now able to get slots at Tesco, but am alternating between them and Sainsburys.

Interestingly, the only slots I could get for my parents for about a month were with Asda. Mum said the way they charged each time I made an amendment ahead of delivery was really odd, and took her ages to check against her statement - I think they’d charged each item individually!
Old 13 Aug 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Tesco for me. Some of their deliveries come from warehouses rather than stores. I'm in an area that has this so never had a quality issue. Substitutions are fairly rare now but sensible when they happen. Delivery slots are slowly getting better as well. Could always get next day pre-lockdown, and now I could get a late evening slot tomorrow if I wanted to.

Have used Ocado on and off over the years and can't fault them either. But most of my staple items are cheaper at Tesco, since Ocado stock fewer own brand items. I still use their Fetch sub-brand for pet products though. Typically cheaper than even Amazon and delivery in the Ocado vans so no waiting around all day. Win win.

Edited at 06:51 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

I have Sainsbury’s and Asda deliveries. I now click no substitutions because some of them were getting ridiculous!

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have been having tesco delivery’s very week for over 15 years. As a previous poster mentioned I also found it hard to get a slot during lockdown so used sainsburys and have found them equally as good although the delivery drivers are a bit more grumpy 😳. Going to try Ocado now as they are stocking m&s food. I’ll never have to go shopping again 😂
Cinderellas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

When my Asda order finally arrived, the milk that I ordered (4 pints of semi skinned) had ended up being removed as the brand I selected wasn’t available. Probably a user error on my part as I’m 99.9 % sure they’d have had milk. Anyway- that was a pain as we are still quarantining. Plus other substitutions which had changed since the 10pm cut off (thankfully sensible ones) I for one, will be happy when I can return to the store.😀
I would definitely use Tesco again though- it just seemed a much more easier and efficient process.