Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 09, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Don't want to put a damper on your Las Vegas trip... but I thought I should warn you... I'll be there too!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by purple myra View Post
Don't want to put a damper on your Las Vegas trip... but I thought I should warn you... I'll be there too!
What date do you go? Where r u staying?

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Going 27th Sept till 7th October.
At the moment...subject to change...again We're staying at Imperial Palace 27th Sept for 3 nights then Ballys 4th October for 3 nights...we'll be out of Las Vegas on a wee road trip for the 4 nights in between
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Going 27th Sept till 7th October.
At the moment...subject to change...again We're staying at Imperial Palace 27th Sept for 3 nights then Ballys 4th October for 3 nights...we'll be out of Las Vegas on a wee road trip for the 4 nights in between
We will arrive on the 2nd October (My 40th! ) and we're there for 4 nights so fly home late 6th October. Road trip in between sounds like a great idea. I still can't make up my mind where to stay but will probably make a decision nearer the time unless some great offer comes up for one of the hotels I really want to stay at.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
I keep swaying between paying twice or three times the price for somewhere fancy...and sticking with our ( extremely budget ) accommodation... Imp Palace was only $120 for the 3 nights per room and Bally's $195 for the 3 nights per room... see I'm going a wee bit up market to end the holiday lol
Old 14 Dec 09, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I keep swaying between paying twice or three times the price for somewhere fancy...and sticking with our ( extremely budget ) accommodation... Imp Palace was only $120 for the 3 nights per room and Bally's $195 for the 3 nights per room... see I'm going a wee bit up market to end the holiday lol
Myra you only sleep in your room and can go into ALL the other (fancy) hotels on the Strip.

The Imperial Palace is fine, the lifts were a problem as they were always full, apart from that we didn't have a problem. It is in a prime position and one of the few hotels that have balconies!

I did some work for the trip where there were 3 of us all needing a bed each and most of the hotels (even the expensive ones) all had the same (or near enough) floor space.

I haven't tried Bally's but again great location.

We have now settled on the Excalibur wide screen rooms (all updated) we'll be staying here again in April and it'll be our 4th time.

Personally I'd keep your money for spends and not pay a lot for your hotel room.
Old 14 Dec 09, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
Myra you only sleep in your room and can go into ALL the other (fancy) hotels on the Strip.

The Imperial Palace is fine, the lifts were a problem as they were always full, apart from that we didn't have a problem. It is in a prime position and one of the few hotels that have balconies!

I did some work for the trip where there were 3 of us all needing a bed each and most of the hotels (even the expensive ones) all had the same (or near enough) floor space.

I haven't tried Bally's but again great location.

We have now settled on the Excalibur wide screen rooms (all updated) we'll be staying here again in April and it'll be our 4th time.

Personally I'd keep your money for spends and not pay a lot for your hotel room.
Thanks Heather...the hotels were chosen for their location as well as low cost ( don't like to use the word cheap lol ) ...as I'd said previously in this thread, I've stayed in Luxor and loved it, but wanted to be more central this time. It's all extra wine money for me
Old 14 Dec 09, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Can you have 3 people in the standard rooms at the Luxor? I know you can get 2 queen beds, but would I be able to have a rollaway bed too?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ukdiva View Post
Can you have 3 people in the standard rooms at the Luxor? I know you can get 2 queen beds, but would I be able to have a rollaway bed too?
You can certainly do that in the Excalibur (we decided against it, my sister and I slept together! ) Obviously there's a cost.

I guess that as the Luxor is part of the same group they would do the same.

E-mail them and ask but I guess they will.
Old 14 Dec 09, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

I Know what you mean. I don't usually spend loads on the accommodation either as it's only a place to sleep. As its my 40th and we probably won't get the chance to go back again anytime in the near future, I would like to treat myself to something a bit more special. As I said before I have stayed at the Sahara and that was absolutely fine although I'm sure lots would disagree. I would stick with what you've booked and make the most of more spends.

Closed Thread