Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney after hours

So I’ve booked Disney after hours for September and I was wondering how it works in practice.
They say you get park entry from 7pm. It I expect to be in the park already as we Have normal tickets.

The question is do you get wrist bands for the event or is it all monitored through your magic band?
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You would need to get a plastic wrist band, usually from the entrance but they do have them around the park too
Old 11 Jul 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

I looked at the villians party.. However found as we have 14 day tickets it's not really worth it for 4x of us as really you only have 3 hours without regular ticket holders in the park some of which will hit the queues for the headliner rides 15 mins before the park closes.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
I looked at the villians party.. However found as we have 14 day tickets it's not really worth it for 4x of us as really you only have 3 hours without regular ticket holders in the park some of which will hit the queues for the headliner rides 15 mins before the park closes.
But you do get a lot done in those three hours, we thought it was the highlight of our last trip. There was a little bit of a queue (about 15 minutes) for FoP the first time due to regular park goers but when we were done we went straight back round and walked on. The villains party looks fun, but I have too many other events booked now so if it is on in September I will have to try to resist.

Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
So I’ve booked Disney after hours for September and I was wondering how it works in practice.
They say you get park entry from 7pm. It I expect to be in the park already as we Have normal tickets.

The question is do you get wrist bands for the event or is it all monitored through your magic band?
I honestly don't recall getting a separate paper wrist band when we went in February, I thought it was on the magic band. But I could be wrong.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
clipper1966
I want to go now!

Hollywood studios after hours

We are just back from Orlando,We where not planning on doing Disney this trip but decided to book HS after hours for june 28th just for a little bit of disney magic.My family concenses was it was not worth the money the minimum wait time for any ride in the park was at least 30 to 40 mins for the whole time of the event.£420 for 4 to get 5 rides plus 2 before event started was not valuefor money, While speaking to other guest they where of the same opinion thou im sure some people may think it is,I think they have upped the number of tickets sold for these events. Yes you get a palastic wristband when you enter park.

Edited at 01:06 PM.
clipper1966 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by clipper1966 View Post
We are just back from Orlando,We where not planning on doing Disney this trip but decided to book HS after hours for june 28th just for a little bit of disney magic.My family concenses was it was not worth the money the minimum wait time for any ride in the park was at least 30 to 40 mins for the whole time of the event.£420 for 4 to get 5 rides plus 2 before event started was not valuefor money, While speaking to other guest they where of the same opinion thou im sure some people may think it is,I think they have upped the number of tickets sold for these events. Yes you get a palastic wristband when you enter park.
As an offsite guest you would need some kind of band or identification, however we were onsite guests and I don't remember getting anything.

I would be horrified if I paid $125 per ticket and then had to wait 30 minutes for a ride, I wouldn't wait that long ever in fact. In February, we had no wait whatsoever (other than for 15 minutes for FoP at park close time) for any ride in AK. We literally walked round and straight back on. I am wondering if it is a time of year thing or they have started selling more tickets.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List