Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Orange yes, strawberry no!
EssexSue, you are either up early or back in the UK?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I may have told this story before so apologise if I have.

Many moons ago I was a District Nurse and one of my colleagues had a regular visit with an elderly lady.

At Christmas the lady gave her a bag of Brazil nuts and said ‘Merry Christmas’. She took the nuts home and ate them over Christmas with her friends and family.

After Christmas she visited the elderly lady again and said ‘Thank You’ for the lovely nuts.

The elderly ladies reply was that she liked Chocolate Brazil’s but since her teeth had got rotten couldn’t manage the nut part so sucked the chocolate off and gave the Brazil nuts to my friend!

So MH at least you are not doing this.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I may have told this story before so apologise if I have.

Many moons ago I was a District Nurse and one of my colleagues had a regular visit with an elderly lady.

At Christmas the lady gave her a bag of Brazil nuts and said ‘Merry Christmas’. She took the nuts home and ate them over Christmas with her friends and family.

After Christmas she visited the elderly lady again and said ‘Thank You’ for the lovely nuts.

The elderly ladies reply was that she liked Chocolate Brazil’s but since her teeth had got rotten couldn’t manage the nut part so sucked the chocolate off and gave the Brazil nuts to my friend!

So MH at least you are not doing this.
Omg that is absolutely gross, but still funny😁
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m sure among us nurses I’m not the only one to have been offered a “sweetie” from a dementia patient... the brown round smelly “sweet” that you certainly wouldn’t want to eat...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I bet the team are glad they removed cracknell.
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gp200ts1
Getting Excited

when i was a child my mother used to start buying sweets for Christmas at the beginning of September, a few things a week. when she went into the cupboard at Christmas time she couldn't understand why the after eights box was so light. i had carefully opened them weeks before and over the course of a week had slowly eaten the lot. i replaced all the wrappers and carefully glued all the cellophane back into place and it looked like they had never been opened. it was a good 30 years before i finally owned up to it. she couldn't believe it was me because i was so messy and usually tore wrappings into little pieces.
gp200ts1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I never part ate any of the sweets, and they were always guaranteed lots of coffee and strawberry sweets in the tins and anything else I didn't like.
I thought you said you ate the best ones in the tin?

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I don’t get orange, strawberry and coffee creams who thought that was a good idea! 🤢
I often think the same thing about chocolates with nuts in them. Urgh. Who thought sweet and savoury together would be a good thing?

Anyway, I am surprised by the rampant dishonesty shown by many DIBBers and/or their family members in this thread. Shame on you all!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiela
Apprentice Imagineer

Ah but does anyone else do this (not sure I should be proud of it exactly... )

Even if there is a bin right next to me I feel compelled to put all my empty sweet wrappers back in the tin.

I don’t know why, or how, but I can’t stop :
rosiela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You certainly won't find any strawberry, orange or caramel ones in the tins in my house!

I once complained to the manufacturer that there was no strawberry ones in the tin (legit story) and they sent me a bag of about 30 to compensate!
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Some Banana
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
My daughter has a charity event today at school and had to bring in a 'mixture of sweets' She may have took in a shoe box filled with Maoams because I opened all the bags and took all the cherry ones out lol.
I'm the opposite I dont like cherry so they get left for the kids
Some Banana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List