Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jul 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Couldn’t get the dvc reservation we wanted - please help us decide what to do

I put in a request with David’s at the 11 month mark for Boardwalk Villas but they didn’t have any members with points to sell. That was three weeks ago and today the availability has now gone 😞

They still have our second choice of Beach Club showing as available but don’t have any members with points for there either. They also said that’s their slowest moving queue.

Whilst there is availability at a lot of resorts the only ones they have points for are SSR, OKW and Boulder Ridge. The only one we’d choose is SSR but will we be disappointed as it wasn’t the location we wanted. Also I know it’s due a refurb so will it feel tired and dated?

If we can’t be walkable to a park maybe we should just stay offsite. I was looking at Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa which isn’t too far from Disney and for about £500 less than a studio at SSR we can have a one bed suite with a lot more room and a full kitchen with laundry.

Hoping some wonderful dibbers will help us decide 😀
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d go for boulder ridge. It’s not walkable but it’s a lovely boat ride to magic kingdom.

Will you hire a car? I wouldn’t want to stay at lbv resort without one.

It is true you will always get more space off site but you lose out on location and atmosphere. It depends what your priority is.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I too would choose boulder ridge for same reason as Bev
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Boulder ridge, would be my 1st choice followed by OKW

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockette
Apprentice Imagineer

Have you tried any other rental companies? I've always used Scott at DVC-Rental to rent my points out and have only good things to say about him.

1982:I-Drive 2007:I-Drive 2009:I-Drive 2010:POR 2011:OKW 2012:BCV/AKV 2013:BCV/VB/OKW, BCR/BWV 2014:SSR/BCV, WBTA/NYC 2015:BCV, BCV/OKW 2016:BWV, WBTA/BCV 2017:VWL/BCV, MED CRUISE, FANTASY/BLT/BCV 2018:BRV/BWV, AKV/CARIBBEAN CRUISE/BWV 2019:BWV/VB/EBTA,BCV 2022:RIV/BWV, BWV, VB/CRUISE/SSR 2023:Mexico, RIV/BWV, Med Cruise, WBTA 2024 BLT
Rockette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What about the Swan and Dolphin?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

A bit of background for the trip.

This is an added extra as I got cheap flights and we’ll have annual passes. So not looking to spend too much.

Swan and dolphin would have been ideal but at double SSR that’s not going to happen.

We will have a car and can park for free with the dvc booking and annual passes for parks. LBV includes fees and parking.

We’ll be there for a week.

We’re also there this summer staying at Beach Club and Grand Floridian. Next summer too at (hopefully) Boardwalk and Bay Lake.

Think I need to take a look at some Boulder Ridge reviews, not sure what’s putting me off so that might help. Price wise it’s more than Boardwalk so I suppose that’s probably not helping the decision.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Still can’t decide 😞

Does anybody know what happens in terms of getting my deposit back from David’s?

I’m tempted to hold of booking for a while, maybe we could visit a couple of resorts next month to help decide. Will the hold the deposit if we’re not on a waiting list so that we don’t lose out to the exchange rates by getting a refund then possibly booking though them in September.

Would they hold the deposit for future bookings as we’ll be putting in another request soon.

I’ll try to do an online chat with them to find out but would appreciate others experiences.
Old 16 Jul 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd book OKW, have you stayed there? Love it there. Newly renovated. Good onsite restaurant. Very relaxing, busses I find good, quick boat to DS.
Boulder Ridge needs a refurb (next after SSR but WL is out for us unless or until they put all the paths back- we must have somewhere to walk and run.
Old 16 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I'd book OKW, have you stayed there? Love it there. Newly renovated. Good onsite restaurant. Very relaxing, busses I find good, quick boat to DS.
Boulder Ridge needs a refurb (next after SSR but WL is out for us unless or until they put all the paths back- we must have somewhere to walk and run.
We’ve haven’t stayed at OKW. Always chose SSR over that in the past so that we could walk to Springs. Would rather something recently refurbed though.

I did a chat with David’s, they’ve agreed to hold my deposit for my next booking as it’s only a few weeks away so I said I’d decide by tomorrow what we want to do 😳