Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jul 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I got mine at John Lewis recently - £1.26 which I'm pleased with.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't agonise over it. I still earn all my income in the UK but live in the US so have to transfer money every month. I could go crazy trying to second guess exchange rates but it just isn't worth it.
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

When we have a trip planned I just buy some every month or so, to average out the rate. Otherwise if you do it all on one go its too easy to keep looking at the rates and feeling cheated if they have risen a little. Cant see it gaining dramatically anytime soon though with all the current political issues.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Ive bought mine now, aside from another couple of hundred which i'll get just before we go, so wont look anymore. Same with my flights, booked then never checked again. I am a stresser by nature lol, so happy that one less thing to worry about. Fastpasses next monday is my new worry now, be so happy once its done lol.
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

This week we have changed from a “Pay at Hotel” in $ booking with free cancellation, to a hotel which we will have to pay a fixed sterling price before we travel.
As we will be checking out on what is planned to be Brexit Day we are concerned at what the rate will be then, so feel happier knowing exactly what we are paying.
Similarly we will pre-pay gratuities and any excursions we book for our cruise at the current sterling rate
I don’t see the £ rising much in the next few months but I can see a further fall before things get sorted.
May even buy a few $ soon.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

I dont blame you, why have the worry when you should jyst be enjoying yourself. Real life has no part of my hols lol.
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
This week we have changed from a “Pay at Hotel” in $ booking with free cancellation, to a hotel which we will have to pay a fixed sterling price before we travel.
As we will be checking out on what is planned to be Brexit Day we are concerned at what the rate will be then, so feel happier knowing exactly what we are paying.
Similarly we will pre-pay gratuities and any excursions we book for our cruise at the current sterling rate
I don’t see the £ rising much in the next few months but I can see a further fall before things get sorted.
May even buy a few $ soon.
We are on a Royal Caribbean cruise in November. We prepayed our gratuities this week, the exchange rate they used was 1.32, we jumped on it.
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimers2018
Getting Excited

Mobile

Always use Thomas Exchange.
tefx
They beat all the high street places and do postal delivery.
They are 1.24 today. Bought 2k at beginning of year at 1.30.
Firsttimers2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We are on a Royal Caribbean cruise in November. We prepayed our gratuities this week, the exchange rate they used was 1.32, we jumped on it.
Think we are getting the same rate if my maths are right.
What ship are you on?
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Think we are getting the same rate if my maths are right.
What ship are you on?
Explorer, 5th November. Transatlantic over to Miami. How about you?
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List