Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jan 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Dash Cam

I live in the UK and got a nextbase dash cam for Christmas. I was wondering whether the screen is meant to turn off whilst driving? I ask because I have just read an article stating that it is illegal to drive with the dashcams screen turned on, but I think this might be for the US?
Any advice would be appreciated as I haven't had much time to play around with the dashcam and can't see anywhere to turn the screen off but keep it recording.
Thanks for any help
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I don't know the answer but mine turns off automatically after 60 seconds.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine stays on. Whenever Ive been in a taxi their camera is always on - the conversation about it with the taxi driver led me to purchase my own. Halfords hard wired it in for me and explained how it worked.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ours go off after a few seconds and then on about every 5 minutes for another few seconds

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have a nextbase one too - its always on - i just make sure its tuned away from my view - hidden by the mirror so its not a distraction.

By law here it must not be deemed to be obstructing your view
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mine is always on, tucked behind the mirror on the passenger side so i can't see it at all.

Coming out tomorrow to go into my next car.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I bought my husband a nexbase one for Christmas. The screen was always on, a quick search online found how to turn the screen off. Sorry, no idea what he did! He found it distracting when it was on.
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Our car cams can be set to keep the screen on or off, but all ours are programmed to turn off after 30 seconds (don't see the point of keeping it on).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

You need to go into screensaver settings and set it to go on. Mine goes into screensaver mode after 30 seconds. Nice little dashcam and more peace of mind after getting scammed a few years ago. Also makes you more conscious of your own driving especially if the speed watermark is active.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

The screen is allowed to remain on but only if it’s not in a position visible to the driver.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List