Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jul 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Prostate Investigations

Hi Guys

Just need to vent in a "safe" space.

I lost my Dad to prostate cancer 3 years ago.

Now DH at 48 is under investigation for self same thing. A raised PSA (3.7) was picked up at a routine work medical and bearly 10 days later we are having an arsenal of tests.

MRI on Sunday now.

I am so scared.

Has anyone got any good news stories to share on this? Examples of BPH or prostatitsis?

Smarting that lightening can strike twice.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry I don’t have anything helpful to say other than you have my thoughts and I hope that it’s all precautionary in the end.
Old 12 Jul 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsArcher2b
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My Dad had an enlarged prostate which resulted a few times in a huge amount of blood in his urine, not being able to go, terrible pain and a catheter.

Cancer being mentioned was terrifying but fortunately wasn't the case. He had an operation to remove part of his prostate. In one day and out the next. No trouble at all.

Prayers for you that your husband will come out of it all just fine and I'm very sorry to hear about your dad.
MrsArcher2b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

Mobile

My dad has had an enlarged prostrate and he too had lots of scans tests etc. And a small operation.
He had a catheter fitted for 3 months and close monitoring.
He's absolutely fine now - aged 86 and no problems now x x
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Easier said than done I know but try not to worry, think positive thoughts only and step away from Mr Google.

My DH was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate at 48 when his PSA was raised and went through a barrage of tests partly due to the fact that classed as quite young to have raised levels. Tests/biopsies came back fine, on medication to help and 6 monthly CSA tests. Fast forward to this year (now 54) levels raised again so MRI and then biopsies as concerned raised but turned out just inflammation and levels now back down again. The advantabe of the regular checks means that anything unusual is checked out relatively quickly but the waiting game is always worrying.

Sending bucket loads of pixie dust that is "just an enlarged prostate" and nothing more sinister.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A lady I used to work with went through similar thing, her husband had very raised PSA - tonnes of investigations, but luckily no cancer, fingers and toes crossed for you
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Guys

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

MRI on Sunday seeing Urologist on 23rd for results and chat.

I am just hoping and praying it's negative and only an enlarged prostate. Trouble is sometimes it can be so hard to tell the difference between the two from diagnostics. Then it feels like you are playing the odds.

The prostate uk website is fab but scared the life out of me.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Just remember though that due to his age the odds are in his favour and even if worst case scenario it has been found very early and will be treatable. Sending cyber hugs xx
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
babyh200
Getting Excited

Hey lost girl,
My DH is 47 and went to GP because he wasn't right and thought he had a water infection.
He had blood in his urine and was recalled for PSa and examination. It turned out his prostate was enlarged but the PSA test came back normal.
This still didn't put my mind at rest because the test can be inaccurate.
Our GP was confident it was unlikely to be cancer but that didn't stop me losing a few weeks of my life terrified.
He was seen by a Urologist and scanned and all is fine, I hope you get the same news on Sunday
babyh200 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by babyh200 View Post
Hey lost girl,
My DH is 47 and went to GP because he wasn't right and thought he had a water infection.
He had blood in his urine and was recalled for PSa and examination. It turned out his prostate was enlarged but the PSA test came back normal.
This still didn't put my mind at rest because the test can be inaccurate.
Our GP was confident it was unlikely to be cancer but that didn't stop me losing a few weeks of my life terrified.
He was seen by a Urologist and scanned and all is fine, I hope you get the same news on Sunday
Babyh200, your DH sounds similar to mine - lots of blood in urine, they did an MRI &found ‘something’ on his abdominal aorta. Image was sent to 2 different consultants (initially they thought it was a tumour). They’re now both saying they don’t think it’s a tumour but still don’t know what it is & have discharged him. He did have a slightly enlarged prostate so is still on medication for that. I feel like we’re still in limbo, as even though they’ve discharged him, it worries me that they still don’t know what this growth is. I worry that he’ll have problems again down the line & they then discover it was a tumour after all or something.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List