Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I had an ablation and it sent them back to normal flow , which I could deal with. I was nearer menopause and they stopped completely about 8 months later. I had it done privately, in Thursday morning surgery, off work Friday and back in work Monday. Had paracetamol on the afternoon of the op. That’s all.
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had this op 25 years ago (following years of minor ops - D&Cs etc).
It was very straightforward, recovery was quick & ive never had any problems as a result.
I did have an early menopause (mid 40s) but side effects were minor.
Good luck.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I had mine in 2015. They tried everything else first as I was considered young for it (33). I was mega heavy for a week of every 3.5, it was awful. After the ablation I had discharge for around 5 weeks then nothing and honestly not even spotting since.

They did mine with a local and it was painful but honestly I think that's more about me as no locals take well and I forgot to mention it to them. It was over in 90 seconds anyway. I took an infection after it and had contraction like pains and ended up at out of hours but it was all sorted very quickly and they think it was linked to my recurrent UTI issue that I had.

On the day, expect cramping and pain afterwards, have painkillers and heat ready and try to allow yourself the day in bed (I was like this, as was my friend but the heat worked wonders).

Hand on my heart I'd do it again if needed, changed my life.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Thank you everyone.
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
zaraleo
slightly serious Dibber

I suffered really badly with endo , ended up getting a hysterectomy and one ovary removed ,a year later I had to go in to get the remaining ovary removed x
Old 18 Jul 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LoveHolidays
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I had endometrial ablation a couple of years ago and it was a life changer. Before that periods were every 3 weeks and lasted about 8 days (all very heavy). After the ablation, which was absolutely fine to go through, I now have a very light bleed for one day once a month.

Busy planning Florida holiday number 17
LoveHolidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Never heard of this, my periods are horrific. Along with others I can’t take anything with hormones in as there is a high chance i could murder someone.
My gp as been less than sympathetic and basically said suck it up.,
Anyone know roughly what the price of this would be privately?

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Isn’t it rubbish what some of us put up with? Now I’m at the point though I shouldn’t haven’t to.
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Never heard of this, my periods are horrific. Along with others I can’t take anything with hormones in as there is a high chance i could murder someone.
My gp as been less than sympathetic and basically said suck it up.,
Anyone know roughly what the price of this would be privately?
It was a lady at school that mentioned it to me so I’ve had a read up. I’m going to try and get referred and hope they’ll do it.
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
honeybun1989
Imagineer

I had this 25 years ago after years of pain and bleeding (lots of minor ops in between) .. I was 30 when I had it done!
It was fairly straightforward .. Like a previous poster I had an early menopause (33)
honeybun1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List