Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jul 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Resort Fees!

I'm meant to be researching Greece for August 2020 but found myself back here anyway just looked at a BA flydrive and added Avanti Resort on I Drive. Info states resort fees payable locally $15 per room per night = approx £300 on top of price quoted! (2 rooms for 14 nights)

Have I lost my mind?

Genuinely cannot remember paying these before when we've done Florida - please tell me this doesn't apply to all hotels?
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gngr29
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi, yes we stayed last year and paid resort fee on departure . Not sure if I would pay the extra to stay there.

Some love this hotel, but we had a few issues that were slow to be resolved. Housekeeping was not great either, many days came back about 6 or 7pm and the cleaners were still working and room not done !
Gngr29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rose View Post
I'm meant to be researching Greece for August 2020 but found myself back here anyway just looked at a BA flydrive and added Avanti Resort on I Drive. Info states resort fees payable locally $15 per room per night = approx £300 on top of price quoted! (2 rooms for 14 nights)

Have I lost my mind?

Genuinely cannot remember paying these before when we've done Florida - please tell me this doesn't apply to all hotels?
its not all hotels - but it does seem to be getting more common for resort fees to be an added extra, and not included in the base price.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

Unfortunately, more resorts are charging resort fees which I've found ranging from $12 to $20.
For us the extra cost means booking a villa is now cheaper.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

With so many places adding on resort fees a bit more homework is required now.
Old 19 Jul 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I won't stay anywhere where resort fees are added on. What are they going to charge you for next, a bed in the bedroom, a toilet in the bathroom? Never had resort fees when we first started going to Florida and some of these places that charge them aren't what i would call resorts. Some are just bog standard hotels with one small pool and a car park and they call that a resort!
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Gngr29 View Post
Hi, yes we stayed last year and paid resort fee on departure . Not sure if I would pay the extra to stay there.

Some love this hotel, but we had a few issues that were slow to be resolved. Housekeeping was not great either, many days came back about 6 or 7pm and the cleaners were still working and room not done !
Hiya, that's worth knowing thanks. If some aren't charging resort fees it really can make a difference on where I would book, that 300 extra could mean a upgrade to another hotel
Yorkshire Rose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
I won't stay anywhere where resort fees are added on. What are they going to charge you for next, a bed in the bedroom, a toilet in the bathroom? Never had resort fees when we first started going to Florida and some of these places that charge them aren't what i would call resorts. Some are just bog standard hotels with one small pool and a car park and they call that a resort!
It just feels wrong to me, if they want the extra, they should stick it on the price to start with. I'm happy to do my homework and pick places that don't charge ridiculous extras.
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm prepared to do that, as I've been away from Disney planning for a few years I wasn't sure if it had become common practice and just something we have to accept
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire Rose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
its not all hotels - but it does seem to be getting more common for resort fees to be an added extra, and not included in the base price.
Very sneaky if you ask me!