Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Dec 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Here Now - Fires

We arrived Monday and drove to Santa Monica yesterday. The smoke was so bad a lot of locals had face masks. It triggered an asthma attack for me as the air quality is so poor. The winds did dissipate the smoke as the day went on. We went back to Hollywood and the air was a bit better.

We have a helicopter flight booked tonight and the tour company aren’t sure if they can fly. We await an update.

There is a fire north of Beverly Hills / Brentwood right now so it’s smokier
Here than yesterday.

If you are travelling this week and suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions, bring plenty of meds with you.

Not spoiling our trip (currently in the Cheesecake Factory) but it’s heartbreaking seeing people’s homes on fire and the destruction it’s causing here.

Edited at 04:17 AM.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My friend and family live out there and it’s terrible to see, they’ve just posted a video of the freeway and it’s shocking to watch it just burn . Praying it stays away from them.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:23 AM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Well the pilot advised us to pick another day for our flight. The winds and smoke are just too bad. There seem to be a number of small fires in the mountains as well as the bigger ones. The air quality in Burbank was terrible.

We are back in Hollywood tonight - it’s fine here but watching the news it’s just terrible in the affected areas. High winds are expected tonight which will make the fires worse. Hoping people stay safe.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We have friends in Aliso Viejo and they've just been issued fire warnings, she said the Santa Ana winds are making it worse!

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

I'm in San Diego county and we are under an extreme fire weather warning through the weekend, like much of southern CA is. They are warning us that today and tomorrow will be the most dangerous days, because the winds are supposed to be the worst over this time. People's nerves are on edge here, for sure. On top of all this, we have had four small earthquakes in San Diego county over the last 24 hours (I only felt the initial, larger 4.0 quake). It's been a weird December, so far! It's very unusual for these Santa Ana winds and brushfires to be happening this late in the year.

Stay safe, rusty30, and anyone else who may be arriving in the middle of all this. Those of you who have friends and family out here, I hope they are all ok. I have some family near Ventura, so I've been keeping in constant contact with them.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

rusty30, Amy and all iut there as residents or tourists. Stay Safe!

Edited at 05:45 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
rusty30, Amy and all iut there as residents or tourists. Stay Safe!
Thank you!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just been reading about the race horse stables down san Diego that just been burnt down to the ground... at least 20 thoroughbreds dead... horrific stuff. We had fires up the PCH1 last year but nothing to this extent... my heart goes out to everyone who this effects

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List