Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jan 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Beverly Hills to Anaheim - How would you do it?

Trying to decide what option would be best and would welcome your thoughts.

We’ll be in Hollywood and then Beverly Hills for 4 days before heading to Disney for 3 days.

We don’t need a car in any of those locations so we’re planning to use a transfer from lax to Hollywood and then Uber to Beverly Hills.

Transfers to Anaheim are about $150 from what I’ve seen, $80 for Uber although would anyone take us that far (not an Uber user so not sure how it works but are drivers easy to find for long journeys? Do they have to accept the ride?)

We’ll want to have a car when we leave Anaheim so not sure if it would be better to collect one when we leave Beverly Hills even though we won’t need it when we’re at Disney. Not sure if there are parking charges at Grand Californian.

What would you do?
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We got an Uber from Anaheim to LAX without a problem. Came within a couple of minutes of being called. You just might be better going when traffic is lighter
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Ps - we got the Uber as we dropped our car off in Anaheim. There are a few hire companies that are walkable from Disney property, so you could collect it at the end
meboo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks, Uber does sound like an easy option.

When would be a good time traffic wise? Was thinking 11am on check out but could go earlier or later.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m no expert but I think that would be a good time. It’s always quite busy but certainly mid-late afternoon gets manic !
Old 2 Jan 18, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Most car hire companies don't have one way charges in California so I think I'd check out how much a one day one way hire from Beverley Hills to Anaheim would be .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post

When would be a good time traffic wise? Was thinking 11am on check out but could go earlier or later.
There isn’t really a good time , traffic is heavy most of the time . It obviously peaks morning and tea time but it’s rarely ever free flowing in my experience .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post

That sounds about the best time. I had to drive from Beverly Hills to Torrance a few weeks ago - the route goes right past LAX so I was expecting it to be a horrific journey - left about 10.30 and although we hit a few slow spots, it did move along ok. The journey back was nudging into rush hour (4ish) and took 30m longer.

Funnily enough an Uber driver we had said he had just come back from Anaheim as he took two girls to Disney! He said it was quite a common trip and he usually managed to get an airport job from Disney to get him back into central LA.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Thanks all.

I’ll check out the one way hire but Uber is looking like a good option atm.
Old 2 Jan 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Depending on how many of you and how much luggage you could look at Amtrak, which runs direct from Union Station to Anaheim and takes around 40 minutes.

We didn't end up taking it in the end but from memory was around $12 per person.
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List