Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Sep 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

liquids,medication and food. Airport questions. Having a panic.

I know the UK and EU rules regarding this but I want to check Im not making mistakes when flying in to the US.

I have all my carry on liquids in clear bags, all under 100ml. Its in my carry on ready to be pulled out at security.
My other liquids, larger than 100 are lip locked and in my hold baggage.
At no point I need to declare this right ? Its the normal stuff..
shampoo, deodorant, hairspray and suncare etc

Medication, I take a lot, most due to my daughters needs as shes uncomfortable using new things, Basically a lot of germolene, antibiotic cream, calpol (liquid and tabs) painkillers and antihistamine. I mean its lots more but just normal stuff haha
I also take my antibiotics, erythromycin tablets.
I think most of this will be divided in my hold suitcases.
Is this all ok. At any point do I need to declare medication ?

Food. I was planning on taking some alpen lights hahaha
I want my morning fiber, is it worth it. Will this need declared and pulled out of the suitcases at any time ?

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You need to declare any food, but honestly they won't care at all. They will just ask you at immigration.

Medication doesn't need to be declared but I would make sure any medication you need is on your person (cabin bags) as opposed to hold baggage, in case your cases go missing.

Any liquids under 100ml need to be in the plastic bag, in hand luggage. Any over the amount is fine in hold luggage and, again, no need to declare.

Sounds like you've got it all under control.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Anything that your daughter may need medically should be put in your hand baggage. Any gels ointments etc put in the clear bag.
Ask yourself, would your daughter be OK if you hold bags went missing, along with her meds?

Edit. Beaten to it
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to add that for liquids in the clear plastic bags you are allowed one plastic bag per person.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Thankyou. I thought I knew what I was doing until today, 10 days until we leave for Manchester.
The closeness of the trip has made me second guess everything haha

I have planned to have calpol tabs, antibiotic cream and smaller bottles of her fave body products in my hand baggage. The antibiotic cream is my absolute must not loose as she doesn't heal well from even a little graze so its liquid diamonds in our house.

She doesn't need to take any urgent prescription meds so we are ok there, just things that will make things tricky for her if we loose all of our bags.

I have shared all regular medication and first aid (and clothes etc) between all three hold bags so if we loose one or two we still have something.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List