Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 26 Jul 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HuddsBassBone
VIP Dibber

HuddsBassBone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy meals Update

Just had an email from Virgin giving us the option of choosing our meals for our flight which is on Monday.

The options were:

Stir Fry Pork with noodles and bean sauce
Chicken & mushroom casserole with new potatoes and green beans
Spinach and ricotta gnocchi with asparagus

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else was wondering what the options are at the moment!
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We flew for the first time ever with VA last week and hands down the best flight we’ve ever been on. We weren’t PE, but extra legroom. We had 3 seats between the two of us which helped. The staff on board were terrific. IFE good and the food was very good for plane food. And they kept coming round with more. We were certainly not hungry. We’re flying back PE, though booked in the hope we get some sleep as back to work the following day.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HuddsBassBone View Post
Just had an email from Virgin giving us the option of choosing our meals for our flight which is on Monday.

The options were:

Stir Fry Pork with noodles and bean sauce
Chicken & mushroom casserole with new potatoes and green beans
Spinach and ricotta gnocchi with asparagus

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else was wondering what the options are at the moment!
We were on the first flight they offered the option to PE customers to pre book their meal a few weeks ago from Manchester. At the time it was only for Row 19 downstairs. I know they were looking to roll it out for the rest of PE at some time so I am hoping they will do this as whilst I love row 19 I very rarely get my first choice of food.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by walden64 View Post
We were on the first flight they offered the option to PE customers to pre book their meal a few weeks ago from Manchester. At the time it was only for Row 19 downstairs. I know they were looking to roll it out for the rest of PE at some time so I am hoping they will do this as whilst I love row 19 I very rarely get my first choice of food.

Michelle
Can I check when you were asked to pre-book? Was it at check in? Just curious as in row 19 in September
Old 29 Jul 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
I am flying MAN-MCO on Thursday this week and have seats on row 19 but not had an email to select meals (not yet at least)
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Mobile

We flew yesterday MAN-MCO - never had the email to pre-select but here is a “food report”:

1. Main meal:

my 2 DS had the stired fried pork which they said was very good. I hadnt ordered a childrens meal for youngest DS but could see that others were getting the cheezy tomato pasta and some chocolate mousse pot.

DH had the chicken which he liked.

Ice cream served about halfway was a Solero strawberry smoothie which kids said was nice.

Wander wall was available most of the flight with drinks and snacks (crisps, chocolates, biscuits).

Afternoon Tea served about 1.45-2 hrs before landing. My family choose the Mozarella pesto sandwich (apart from my youngest but I had anticipated he wouldnt like anything so fancy so brought a plain ham sandwich from home. High tea all looked very tasty and they said it was.
Old 2 Aug 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sorry for the delay in replying we had our email 2 or 3 days before we flew. I know that this was only a trail but I was hoping they would continue with it.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gipsy 4
slightly serious Dibber

Gipsy 4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We asked as we received this email too. Apparently they are going to expand the choices eventually and hope this will reduce waste and disappointment if your meal choice has run out. It’s just for upper and PE at the moment but may be expanded to Economy eventually too
Gipsy 4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I've never had an email asking what I want
Old 5 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

Hi All - we've had our email today for our flight on Thursday :-)
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List