Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

We went 29th Jan to 12th Feb 2016 and daytime wear varied from sleeveless tops to long sleeved jacket with two scarves. Blue skies every day but when the cold air pushes down from the north it can be bitter, there was grass frost one morning. But at AK three days previously it had been really warm. Layers are the way to go.

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've previously been in March 2017 and February 2018. February 2018 was warmer than March 2017!

Anyway, completely unpredictable. March 2017 I was in a trench coat and scarf a number of mornings/evenings, going down to cardigans in the day - apparently it was the "one week of winter" they were getting that year! February 2018 I was in a light cardigan and tights in the mornings/evenings, and would remove them when it got hot and go down to just dresses and tops/skirts, and put them back on in the evening when it got cold again.

Layers are the way to go!
Old 12 Aug 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I was there that March, 2017 Sky13. As we sat watching Rivers of Light one night I wanted nothing more than my lovely winter coat (Which of course I had not taken with me!)

I have never been in January or February , but plenty of advice from those who have
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The weather is hard to predict in January / February - we have been and had fantastic weather similar to our summers and then other times it has been so cold I have needed a coat, hat and gloves first thing of a morning.i can remember years ago going to Seaworld and it was so cold they were selling hot chocolate everywhere. Another time I wore jeans and boots for most of the one week we were there.

However, when we went in February this year it was so hot there was an advisory for the Run Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon weekend as the temperatures were expected to be really hot even first thing of a morning. The weather all holiday was fantastic.

I tend to take a mixture of clothes but mainly 3/4 trousers, t shirts and then a jumper for the evening.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for all your replies. Seems completely unpredictable doesn’t it!
Also trying to figure out what to pack for my toddler! Even harder!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gemini157 View Post
I was there that March, 2017 Sky13. As we sat watching Rivers of Light one night I wanted nothing more than my lovely winter coat (Which of course I had not taken with me!)

I have never been in January or February , but plenty of advice from those who have
Yes it was rather freezing wasn't it! I did the Keys to the Kingdom tour that March and the CM guide stayed in her trenchcoat throughout the entire tour - she said she usually looked for places in the shade for people to stand during the tour, but given the cold weather that tour she was looking for places in the sun for us to stand instead!
Old 13 Aug 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

In 2015 it was lovely and warm during the day, shorts and tshirts or summer dress weather easily. It was quite cool first thing and as soon as the sun went down though. A light jacket was enough to keep me warm, though if we were staying out into the evening I put my linen trousers on, rolled up into shorts during the day and down for night. Just a thin covering made all the difference.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been twice in Jan/Feb and would recommend taking a mix of clothes, one day was 6 degrees in the morning and then 29 degrees the next day!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

In February I have always found that in the mornings I have needed a light fleece or similar, other half is always flipping hot so he's ok , the kids are a mixed bag.Usually by about 10:30 mine is rolled up and in the bag.I never take jeans or jumpers just normal summer stuff .The kids take a couple of pairs of joggers because they say it's too cool in some of the restaurants in the evenings but I am normally ok.It can vary greatly some days but don't remember having it really cold , although I have seen people with gloves, hats , scarves , coats on , zipped up but have always thought these as being the locals.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I was there this year from 14th to 28th Feb. The weather was so hot and most days was shorts and tee-shirts for me or denim skirts and light off shoulder or cold shoulder tops. In the evenings light summer dresses. Only on 2 occasions it rained and they were just quick showers that were over in 5 minutes.
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List