Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

By the looks of things my ds is the only one who enjoyed freshers and ruined a new bed set a few days in ...🤦
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
By the looks of things my ds is the only one who enjoyed freshers and ruined a new bed set a few days in ...🤦
, I guess some of them will love it and others will be not so keen. Glad he has had a good time and enjoyed himself!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Haha! There’s always one 😉
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD had two panic attacks today at her Freshers Fair in Leeds.

The first time she (luckily) happened to be near the mental health stand and someone from there looked after her. She calmed down, went for a walk and tried again later.

That time she was sick, got a nose bleed and called me sobbing from the toilets. I stayed on the phone to calm her down and chatted calmly whist she walked back to her halls. It’s been heartbreaking.

She spoke to her brother tonight and he said she’s a lot better now. He’s as worried as I am, bless him.

DDs course doesn’t start til 30th and I wish we’d let her skip this freshers malarkey. I just hope she settles once her course starts.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I can only advise to take things easy and be herself. Ry doesn’t drink and is incredibly shy .. and probably stayed in his room a bit too much lol ... but always tried to speak to his flat mates at meal times. He didn’t go out at all except the Wednesday afternoon fair but it was too busy for him and he didn’t enjoy it

Georgia will be fine I’m sure - she’s done her research and knows what events don’t involve drinking ... she just doesn’t need to go to everything and it’s ok to have some quiet time xx
Thank you, she has got quite a few daytime events planned which interest her. She has said that she will join her flat mates when they pre drink and chat, but will then be happy to go to her room and play games etc. As long as she isn’t too homesick I think she is prepared and will cope with Freshers but will be happier when it’s over and she can find her friends with less pressure
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by rusty30 View Post

The first time she (luckily) happened to be near the mental health stand and someone from there looked after her. She calmed down, went for a walk and tried again later.

That time she was sick, got a nose bleed and called me sobbing from the toilets. I stayed on the phone to calm her down and chatted calmly whist she walked back to her halls. It’s been heartbreaking.

She spoke to her brother tonight and he said she’s a lot better now. He’s as worried as I am, bless him.

DDs course doesn’t start til 30th and I wish we’d let her skip this freshers malarkey. I just hope she settles once her course starts.
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear this. How come there are no lectures until the 30th? Could you maybe pop up at the weekend to see her?

DD left a whole suitcase home by accident when she went so I ended up taking it up the following weekend - it was lovely seeing her and I didn’t have to stay long but we both benefitted from that visit
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s great that your son has enjoyed Freshers, I’m sure many students do, I know our eldest sons did too 😂 There does seem to be more daytime and non alcoholic events now too which is a good idea for some of our children
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Oh bless her, I hope she feels better soon. It can be so overwhelming for them and so hard for us as parents trying to comfort them from a distance.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I do hope she feels ok now, that must have been so worrying for you all xx How lovely to hear her older brother is so caring too. I know Georgia’s older brothers are exactly the same.

When did she move in? She seems to be there a long time before the course starts. A few have moved into Georgia’s halls this week although Freshers week isn’t until next week and the course starts properly the week later. I do feel Freshers could be just for the weekend before the course starts, one or two weeks seems too long
Old 18 Sep 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
, I guess some of them will love it and others will be not so keen. Glad he has had a good time and enjoyed himself!
This was last year , thankfully he’s learnt since freshers so has cut back a lot .
He does work in a pub now though 😆
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List