Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
No travel insurance yet 🙀 I’m so stupid is it worth getting it tonight?
i really cant see how any insurance company would provide coverage on a brand new policy to insure for end supply failure via TC at this late stage taking into account all the known facts, its just too high risk.

Best of luck.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RachaelC View Post
Have you paid for the full flight and received the tickets?
No luckily not until next August
We have paid £800 deposit. Think it was on credit card. Booked a private villa for 16 days but everything else was with my Magic Holidayso flights (virgin) car, 21 day ticket, universal for two nights and pofq with free ddp for five nights.

So assuming the worst what do we do? Re book the above with Virgin (if we can afford it) and write off £800?

Sorry if I’m being dim.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ever After Holidays
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

To everyone this may concern

I have just seen this on twitter after we have just closed for the evening and felt compelled to reply.

My Magic Holiday is indeed part of the Freedom Travel group which is under the Thomas Cook Umbrella.

All customers holidays are protected under an ATOL (Thomas Cook flights or not) and we are a member of ABTA. Which means your money is financially secure.

We have been extremely busy behind the scenes sorting various contingency plans should Thomas Cook go bust, and to make sure we continue trading.

As far as we are aware, from what we have been advised, the deal Thomas Cook have been negotiating should be going through at the end of the month. We are also positive that this will be fine.

We have also been in talks with Disney, and all other suppliers involved to get a clearer idea of how we can move forward in the eventuality that Thomas Cook do go bust.

We are putting the most up to date information on our Facebook page for all customers to see.

Unfortunately, we have to wait it out to see what happens before we can even consider advising what will happen, because Thomas Cook is still trading. Which means all terms and conditions still apply and bookings are still going ahead as planned.

To make you aware, if the deal does go through it does put Thomas Cook in a stronger position than it has been in a long time.

There is a lot of media speculation also, and the stories we have seen do contradict each other, so we are unsure where they are getting information from. But please bear in mind the news can sensationalize stories. Martin Lewis himself today was advising people still to book with Thomas Cook.

If anyone has a booking with us, we would ask you call us within opening hours if you have any questions rather than speculating online. Due to data protection we cannot discuss peoples bookings online.

If you don't have a booking with us, feel free to call us too were more than happy to explain things to you, as we don't want people giving information to our customers that isn't necessarily true and/or that is factually incorrect.

So customers booked with us, please bear with us at this time. We are happy we have made plans behind the scenes to be able to continue to trade, but if they do go bust, please bear with us while we work to help you with your booked holidays!

We are your agent, and you are important to us.

What we can assure you is, that whatever the outcome, we won't be going anywhere!

Our FREE number is 0800 327 7108

We are open tomorrow 10am - 4pm

Mattie

Ever After Holidays
☎️0800 3277108
🌐ABTA & Atol Protected
www.everafterholidays.com

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Ever After Holidays is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

No luckily not until next August
We have paid £800 deposit. Think it was on credit card. Booked a private villa for 16 days but everything else was with my Magic Holidayso flights (virgin) car, 21 day ticket, universal for two nights and pofq with free ddp for five nights.

So assuming the worst what do we do? Re book the above with Virgin (if we can afford it) and write off £800?

Sorry if I’m being dim.
If the worst happens , try to claim the £800 back from your credit card
Then yes book the rest agin with someone else- not necessarily Virgin
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thank you for responding Mattie. Hoping for a speedy, positive resolution for you all x
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Should I decide to cancel my booking with My Magic Holiday would I lose my full deposit? Assuming I would?
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kerrie1781
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Should I decide to cancel my booking with My Magic Holiday would I lose my full deposit? Assuming I would?
You would lose your deposit - they are non refundable x
kerrie1781 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

You need to look at your booking terms and conditions,
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

No travel insurance yet 🙀 I’m so stupid is it worth getting it tonight?
No. Doesn’t work that way.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Because you booked flight and hotel through same operator it still counts as a package so you are covered under ATOL.

You have plenty of time until your holiday and all should be known in the coming days. I know it’s hard but you just need to hold tight and wait to see what happens. Ahould the worst happen you will get your money back and have plenty of time to rebook and DDP doesn’t end till Nov so you should be OK.

In a similar situation (without flights) to you as booked disney stay via MMH and flights separate (so we’re covered by ABTA and also paid deposit on CC so money is safe) just have to hold tight. Also hoping that we xould contact disney to pay off balance should the worst happen.

Also sounds like there’s a possibility that MMH could be split off if TC goes under - depends on the administrator. If MMH is profitable (which it sounds like it is) then they could possibly be sold - maybe they coukd buy themselves!

To all. Please take out insurance once you book any part of your holiday. Also ensure you have end user/airline failure. It is more expensive but worth the peace of mind. We have 2 upcoming trips with Norwegian and it’s well worth the peace of mind knowing we can claim back up to £2k flights per person for replacement flights if Norwegian go under.

Norwegian also far cheaper - we paid £1400 for 3a 1c return direct flights for our trip next month - so it’s worth paying an extra £30-£50 on insurance. Still much chepaer than the £2.5k VA were wanting.
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List