Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 23 Sep 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

The Club level offerings look tasty and you could certainly fill up on them. My DH would fill up just on the cheese and biscuits! Glad you like your new room.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 14: Grand Floridian Club Lounge breakfast

This morning Nev offered to go to the lounge to bring me back some breakfast in bed. I asked him to take my iPad down and take some photos of the buffet if he could as well.

Like last night, the service was very busy and Nev reported it being packed even at 7:01am, this was very different to Wilderness Lodge which was quiet in the mornings. The offerings were a bit wider than the WL breakfast, there were even a couple of hot dishes, in this case mini frittata and (strangely) bread and butter pudding, shown in the second photo.

Nev brought me apple juice, granola with fresh fruit and yoghurt, a couple of mini frittata and a devilled egg. His plate is shown in the last photo, he also had some bran flakes cereal. He thought it was a good buffet but mentioned that the bread was too big for the toaster and had to be taken out and turned the other way up half way through.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Sugar Loaf looks to be as good as ever, it's one our our favourite room options. Spent many a happy day in there having 5 o'clock drinks and snacks before a late dinner.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I really think it should be on dining plan as 2TS, it would help getting numbers up and reviews up like on tripadvisor.
I agree, I think it feels like a 2TS, and I really hope they do this!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Sugar Loaf looks to be as good as ever, it's one our our favourite room options. Spent many a happy day in there having 5 o'clock drinks and snacks before a late dinner.
It is a lovely lounge. Busier that WL but better food and more comfortable seating, we always felt like we were plonked in a corridor at WL.

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I agree, I think it feels like a 2TS, and I really hope they do this!
Fingers crossed.
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Wow, how special to be at the GF now. Very impressive club offerings and I too would have been wooed by the nuggets.

P.S. I am hopefully that Takum-Tei will be added to the DP eventually, IIRC Spice Road Table wasn’t initially and that was very quiet to begin with and was boosted when it became DP eligible.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 14: Gasparilla Grill mid afternoon meal

We have been disgracefully lazy so far today and have not left the resort thus far. We will leave it shortly however as we have Animal Kingdom after dark event booked.

We have had some more nibbles from the lounge today but for a more substantial meal, Nev headed over to Gasparilla Grill and picked up a chicken and mushroom pizza for me and a chicken, cheese and ham sandwich for himself.

Later on he went to see if there were any afternoon snacks in the lounge and he stumbled upon some scones which we had with a cup of tea.

The Gasparilla Grill meals were both lovely and we would definitely go back for the same or to try different things. The scones were served warm and were a lovely afternoon treat.
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The scones look lovely. Just the right amount of clotted cream by the look of the picture 😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just catching up on the last few days.

Club food looks fab especially that evening meal with nuggets!

The Minnie Skirt Sundae looks fab, we got both in May (purely to bring them home) and we didn't mind the ice cream but it was way too much.

Those scones look lovely and so much jam and cream, just how they should be x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Day 15: The Wave breakfast

I woke up this morning wanting a change from club lounge breakfast, which we have had most days on this trip. And so I made a last minute booking at the Wave. We planned to get the monorail round and from there walk to MK where our fast passes were booked this morning.

We arrived a little early as I never know how long the monorail is going to take, but nevertheless we were seated more or less straight away. I always thought the Wave breakfast was a buffet followed by a choice from the a la Carte menu, but in fact it is one or the other. We decided to go a la Carte as our lounge breakfasts have essentially been buffets.

I ordered the eggs benedict with crab and Nev ordered the regular eggs benedict. I also decided to give grits another go so we got a bowl on the side. To drink we both ordered English breakfast tea, then Nev spotted something else on the menu and we additionally ordered a couple of cheeky mimosas.

Whilst we waited I went to photograph the buffet. Obviously I did not get to sample anything, but I thought there was a wide choice of dishes and it looked like it would have been a good option had I not been a bit buffeted-out.

Onto what we actually had to eat and drink. The eggs benedict photos look quite similar but looking closely one plate has ham under the eggs and the other crab cake.

We were served our tea first of all and about five minutes later the mimosas arrived. We left the tea to have with, or after, our meal and enjoyed the mimosa as a pre breakfast drink. Glad we did too as the food took about another twenty five minutes to come out, which is quite long for breakfast. We didn’t complain or even follow it up, but at one point the server came over to tell us it would not be much longer and when it was delivered by the chef he said something about crab cakes taking a long time. Well at least we knew it was freshly made.

We both enjoyed our respective eggs benedict and the accompanying breakfast potatoes. The grits were a huge portion, this was our second ever taste of them and we decided that they are probably not for us and I don’t think we will try for a third time.

We thought t was a very average breakfast. Nothing to complain about but nothing to rave about either, I don’t think it is somewhere we would make a special effort to get to for breakfast again.