Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Sep 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh wow you've started sorry I missed the beginning, but I'm glad I found it now.

The list of ADRs looks absolutely fabulous. I'm really looking forward to seeing your reviews of HBD and Le Cellier as I'm thinking of these two for our next trip. Lots of lovely restaurants I like the idea of going back to ones that were cancelled the previous year.

Ooh, snacks. All of those MK ones look lovely. For what it's worth I don't think you can get the waffle with nutella and fruit from Sleepy Hollow as a snack credit I think it's a QS credit. We didn't eat there this summer, but last year we got the Mickey waffle with strawberry sauce and cream and the Churro ice cream sandwich from there, they were both snacks.

Definitely try the peanut caramel apple, it's really good. So yummy! Actually everything we had from Karamel Kuche has been yummy. I so wanted to try the croque glace but we haven't had room for it yet.

I also still haven't got around to trying out the carrot cake cookie sandwich and that's been on my list since forever I hope you can fulfill some of my food wishlist! I can live vicariously through you can't I?

I'll also be really happy if you get to eat at Eight Spoon Cafe as I so wanted to try that mac and cheese after Rescuer's report, but every time we walked past it was closed I'm keeping everything crossed you have better luck I think you know how I feel about the elephant ears and the Colossal cinnamon roll. You are going to love them both.

I never worry about spending snack credits on drinks, but I like the idea to only use them for food. I wonder if you'll manage it though. Right now it all looks so tempting and I'd love to be trying it all out with you, but I feel like you've got a marathon of a mission ahead of you. I'm sure you'll give it a good shot.

I'm so excited for your trip and the extra little bits you've added on. I know it's going to be amazing and you'll have a fantastic time. Do you think you will try out Tower of Terror? It's not as bad as all that, and if you don't like it then it will be over really, really quickly.

Sorry I missed the start, you really should have nudged me, but I'm well and truly in and subscribed now.

xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Yay! Looking forward to following along to get over the Disney blues.

You have a great snack list.. I wish we had have got two night blossoms, they were my favourite.

Happy single digit day -1.. can’t wait to follow!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous list of restaurant and snacks there. I personally really appreciate a note of where they all are too!

Can’t wait to follow along, how exciting. Glad your flights were sorted out xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
I have actually just scribbled down half of these as I have never been on DDP so need some inspiration! It seems you have a sweet tooth like me too!
I hope you love the dining plan! I would never splurge so much money on snacks if I was paying OOP.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Your snack list is a mountain to climb! We have 3 snacks left (leave tomorrow) and didn’t have half of them!
I think I am really going to struggle to tick everything off the list, I am trying to follow Rescuer's lead of doing an attraction and then having a snack, but I know Nik will get fed up of that very fast! How can it be time to come home already!? Safe travels.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh wow you've started sorry I missed the beginning, but I'm glad I found it now.

The list of ADRs looks absolutely fabulous. I'm really looking forward to seeing your reviews of HBD and Le Cellier as I'm thinking of these two for our next trip. Lots of lovely restaurants I like the idea of going back to ones that were cancelled the previous year.

Ooh, snacks. All of those MK ones look lovely. For what it's worth I don't think you can get the waffle with nutella and fruit from Sleepy Hollow as a snack credit I think it's a QS credit. We didn't eat there this summer, but last year we got the Mickey waffle with strawberry sauce and cream and the Churro ice cream sandwich from there, they were both snacks.

Definitely try the peanut caramel apple, it's really good. So yummy! Actually everything we had from Karamel Kuche has been yummy. I so wanted to try the croque glace but we haven't had room for it yet.

I also still haven't got around to trying out the carrot cake cookie sandwich and that's been on my list since forever I hope you can fulfill some of my food wishlist! I can live vicariously through you can't I?

I'll also be really happy if you get to eat at Eight Spoon Cafe as I so wanted to try that mac and cheese after Rescuer's report, but every time we walked past it was closed I'm keeping everything crossed you have better luck I think you know how I feel about the elephant ears and the Colossal cinnamon roll. You are going to love them both.

I never worry about spending snack credits on drinks, but I like the idea to only use them for food. I wonder if you'll manage it though. Right now it all looks so tempting and I'd love to be trying it all out with you, but I feel like you've got a marathon of a mission ahead of you. I'm sure you'll give it a good shot.

I'm so excited for your trip and the extra little bits you've added on. I know it's going to be amazing and you'll have a fantastic time. Do you think you will try out Tower of Terror? It's not as bad as all that, and if you don't like it then it will be over really, really quickly.

Sorry I missed the start, you really should have nudged me, but I'm well and truly in and subscribed now.

xx
We were dead against going back to HBD after last year disappointing but we really like the look of the lunch menu so we're looking forward to it! We haven't eaten at Le Cellier since 2013 so drooling over the prospect of that, I can't decide if I want to have the fillet or try something different and get the fillet at Food & Wine!

I have a cunning plan that when Nik is still asleep when we stay at the GF I'm going to go off on an adventure to Sleepy Hollow all by myself. I'll probably pay OOP for a waffle if I manage to pull it off.

I've purposely not booked breakfast on one AK day so we can go wild with the pastries.

Definitely a marathon, but I am up for the challenge. I think we have been really rubbish in the snack department in recent years so I'm trying my best to make up for it.

I am still undecided about Tower of Terror, I really, really want to be brave enough but I am terrified that Ii'll hate it. It's so funny that you said it will be over quickly if I don't like it because I asked Rescuer to ask her Joe if it would be over quickly if I hated it and he said no haha. I appreciate his honesty. We are only going to Studios twice, I'm probably subconsciously avoiding it so the opportunity to ride doesn't arise!

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Yay! Looking forward to following along to get over the Disney blues.

You have a great snack list.. I wish we had have got two night blossoms, they were my favourite.

Happy single digit day -1.. can’t wait to follow!
Two night blossoms sounds like a very good idea, definitely too good to share! Can't believe you're home, so sad!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Fabulous list of restaurant and snacks there. I personally really appreciate a note of where they all are too!

Can’t wait to follow along, how exciting. Glad your flights were sorted out xx
Thanks! I really have to write down where everything is from into my notebook, just another chore to add to the list!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Following. Not long to wait only a week. Looking forward to this, some great snacks there.
Have a great flight and safe journey.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Yay, another Colette food report! Very excited to follow along. Can’t believe how tiny your countdown is now. Such a shame we don’t quite overlap.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

All those fabulous snacks, can’t wait to see how many you tick off your list.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Following. Not long to wait only a week. Looking forward to this, some great snacks there.
Have a great flight and safe journey.
Thank you! Time is going SO slowly now.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Yay, another Colette food report! Very excited to follow along. Can’t believe how tiny your countdown is now. Such a shame we don’t quite overlap.
Thanks Tara, it is a shame! I seem to be missing most of our gang.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
All those fabulous snacks, can’t wait to see how many you tick off your list.
I am so excited for all the food, I really couldn't care less about the rides
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

7 Days to go!

Despite being tempted by all the Dessert Party offerings we have settled for just one. Adding the extra days to the start of our trip obviously came at a cost so I decided to scale down the extras a little, we were going to do a second MNSSHP and the MNSSHP Dessert Party but we've settled for just one Firework Dessert Party in Magic Kingdom.

I did want to do the After version at the Plaza Gardens but I moved my plans around a little and I've only been able to book the 'normal' Plaza Gardens version, fingers crossed I can change it nearer the time.

There's also been a little update to our plans, I've added Narcoossee's and Mama Melrose. What's the use in DxDP if you don't get to eat at your faves!? We may actually be over our credits now

And the biggest change is that I have finally caved and hired a car

We were going to have to pay for a transfer to Sanford for our return flight anyway, it will make moving resorts a thousand times easier and it will save me the dreaded small talk with Lyft drivers. Nik will be thrilled!
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay to Narcoossee’s and Mama Melrose! 👏

I’ve been toying with a MK fireworks party but not sure if we’d make the most of it as DH isn’t a sweet fan, although dd’s are 🤔

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List