Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Just back - Highs and observations

Got back Friday 6pm
Highs;
Indirect flight times. Direct night flights get you to Disney mid afternoon too tired to do anything and then you have to leave lunchtime on your last day so you can't do much. This flight arrived 8pm just time for a cocktail and early night then departure from resort was 6:40pm so I had a whole last day to do three parks Also sensible leaving time from the UK, 1:30pm, no getting up at stupid o'clock to catch the flight. Flew BR-DUB-MCO

Going solo - how fab was that? Do exactly what I want, didn't matter if I wanted to be on the Boardwalk until late or in bed watching Disney movies by 7pm. Up at 05:15 to get to HS for extra magic hours and nobody else to get up. Change my plans at a minutes' notice nobody cares. I loved it.

Skyliner - yes I know it's been a mess since but it was great fun to ride and I hope they get it sorted. If you're happy to ride it then Caribbean Beach is the place to stay for convenience to get to resorts

Cast members - I had a 'solo visit' badge and so many of them chatted with me. Never spoke to a single miserable or rude one

Smuggler's Run - I've never laughed so much. Get a couple of 7/8 year olds as pilots and watch the destruction. I rode it 9 times and it was different every time.

The weather - 90 degrees plus all but the first two days and it rained only once (and I missed it as I was in RnR at the time). I love the hot weather.

Edit - forgot to mention Monzo bank app. Kept a really close track of all my spending, had no problem using the card at all and best of all it converted all my spends to £ immediately for me and gave me a daily total of how much I had spent and a full total when I came back to the UK

No lows at all

Some minor observations;
The dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash in your resort room are high on the bathroom wall which is fine if you're having a shower but a total pain if you're lying in the bath you have to stand up to access them

American food - it doesn't taste of anything does it? (unless you're in a 'posh' restaurant and not always then). The salad is crunchy, the chips are crisp, the veg are not soggy but nothing actually tastes of anything. I did miss my rye bread and goats cheese at home and that was the first thing I ate when I got home. With some tomatoes which, amazingly, were still ripening in the greenhouse.

Towels - "leave them on the rack if you will use them again" Fine, except then the maid would fold them up with the unused ones so I had no idea which ones I had used and which I hadn't so in the end I put each one for washing after using it, I didn't want a used towel hanging around for possibly days because I didn't know which one it was.

All in all one of the best Disney holidays I have had. Aer Lingus neglected to transfer my case coming home and three days later I still don't have it but it's only dirty washing so I don't care

Edited at 08:35 AM.
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Sounds like you had a fab trip!

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Great trip report, well done.

It sounds like you managed to do exactly what you wanted and when you wanted. That's some achievement.

I did chuckle about the tasteless food. Sad to say not only are you right but it's endemic everywhere. Hope you case turns up soon.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
That's not my trip report - that's still to come!
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Mobile

OP oooh a solo trip sounds fantastic! I may be just a little jealous. I hope that you’re case turns up though.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a fab solo visit!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’d love to do a solo trip for exactly those reasons you mention!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Sounded a great trip, I agree with your food comments too lol
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Solo trips are awesome. I've now done 2 WDW ones, last month and September last year. No 3 is next September.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Our direct flights have always got us to international drive or the 192 for around 5pm, and going back flights have been 6pm onwards and have always been direct,