Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Oct 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Lovely post, I do wish all GPs where as good. I had an horrendous time trying to get my daughter the help she needed and had to eventually change doctors in order to her her depression diagnosed. Even self harming didn't convince the original doctor she needed help 🤬
I think I fell lucky with my GP, if I remember correctly she was a trainee at the surgery I go to and earliest and easiest appointment I could get, she listened... She's good at that she's now a partner at my GP practice and often overruns on surgeries probably because she does listen but I know it's not always the case and demand is high for doctors. I also know how hard as a parent it is to get the right help and support for our children, my youngest has autism and anxiety that's been hard to deal with and at times get professionals to listen, more money needs to be invested in mental health full stop... But I'm pleased to read your daughter did get someone to listen to and hope its helping her and you😘
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
When I'm feeling a bit low some of the banter on Dibb always puts a smile on my face. Thank you to those on here who make me giggle😘😘😘xxx
It's the banter and laughs I love the most on here if I'm honest, and over the years I've had some proper belly laughs... My OH looks at me sometimes and just says you on the dibb,... I do like the holiday advice and support too but long may the giggles continue on here 😂😂👍👍
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have anxiety and take sertraline, you would never know I hide it well. It triggered ibs so I was sacred to go out to party’s and functions, my kids have it too but not the extent I have it. I had CBT and it didn’t work for me so had to take tablets in the end. I hope you continue to feel better Sam and anybody else suffering with Mental health issues xx
Old 10 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

its such a taboo subject, even more so for the men, i am proud to say i have been there, i wasn't alright and needed help. i recall going to the drs without mrs the red being aware and doing the exact same as the OP, i fell apart. So many different things had gotten on top of me, FIL passing, contact with my mum after a number of years and redundancy. there is so much more sign posting out there now but still no where near enough, especially for the youngsters in the world.

Happy Mental health day!
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I have anxiety and take sertraline, you would never know I hide it well. It triggered ibs so I was sacred to go out to party’s and functions, my kids have it too but not the extent I have it. I had CBT and it didn’t work for me so had to take tablets in the end. I hope you continue to feel better Sam and anybody else suffering with Mental health issues xx
I take fluoxetine so far so good, I did have to double the dose over time but that dose age seems to suit me now. I had a panic attack early on into my diagnosis in our local shopping mall... so scary I thought it was start of a heart attack but over time I've realised when things are bubbling up so to speak and I avoid trigger situations as much as possible, doesn't stop me doing stuff but I go places I feel more comfortable.
Same to you Sandra hope you feel good too 😘
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Stew_the_red View Post
its such a taboo subject, even more so for the men, i am proud to say i have been there, i wasn't alright and needed help. i recall going to the drs without mrs the red being aware and doing the exact same as the OP, i fell apart. So many different things had gotten on top of me, FIL passing, contact with my mum after a number of years and redundancy. there is so much more sign posting out there now but still no where near enough, especially for the youngsters in the world.

Happy Mental health day!
It is taboo I agree especially like you say in Men, you do hear it talked about more amongst women and teens but it can affect any age young or old and I between... Well done for taking the step to go to speak to GP, its hard but so helpful
Old 10 Oct 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Just seen this pop up on my facebook page, daughters school talking about mental health today

Edited to add lilly came home from school proudly sporting her wristband 💛💛

Edited at 09:23 PM.
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I take fluoxetine so far so good, I did have to double the dose over time but that dose age seems to suit me now. I had a panic attack early on into my diagnosis in our local shopping mall... so scary I thought it was start of a heart attack but over time I've realised when things are bubbling up so to speak and I avoid trigger situations as much as possible, doesn't stop me doing stuff but I go places I feel more comfortable.
Same to you Sandra hope you feel good too 😘
Panic attacks going to pick my dd up from school, some of the parents were horrible though so that’s probably why. Then night panics, I think it all got worse with the menopause. I’m stressing Already about going to Toronto next year to my sons wedding, My dd says she has my dodgy gene! 😩
Old 10 Oct 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Lovely post, It seems like your Doctors are much more helpful than local doctors around here.
I am so pleased that you have come
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Thanks for posting this thread
Many dibbers - especially some who have posted on this thread- have been a massive help and support to me as I struggled with my own mental health during my daughters severe mental health problems
I now have no problem speaking up at work if I am struggling and feel I am a better ' ear' to those having a bad time
My mum has been having a tough time recently but has been bottling it up . Thankfully , and I mean that , she broke down in front of us a couple of weeks ago and now we have helped her get the help she needs
Everyone , please share your experiences , it's good to talk , good to recognise your own difficulties

So if you are struggling , come on this thread ,and tell us your stories amongst people who will be nothing but supportive
It might be the start of better times
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List