Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Oct 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I always love your ‘we are having a bit more of a relaxed day’ plans.
Who knew you could manage to fit EMH at AK, the Kitchen Sink, a stroll around Epcot and a trip to Hoop de Hoop so leisurely into your day
You know I’m only having a bit fun with you, you really are the Queen of planners!
The photos outside Beaches & Cream has brought back so many happy memories of our day there, I can’t believe we both had the same kind of torrential rain! So pleased Max finally got to conquer the sink with a little bit of help from you all. I think you would have had to roll me around Epcot!
Hoop de Hoop sounded good fun, I bet Dave is so pleased your dad got all the attention he obviously has one of those faces.
Your luck with the buses has definitely improved, I wonder if Eric had your magic band tracked so he could predict when you might need to jump on a bus...
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I always love your ‘we are having a bit more of a relaxed day’ plans.
Who knew you could manage to fit EMH at AK, the Kitchen Sink, a stroll around Epcot and a trip to Hoop de Hoop so leisurely into your day
You know I’m only having a bit fun with you, you really are the Queen of planners!
The photos outside Beaches & Cream has brought back so many happy memories of our day there, I can’t believe we both had the same kind of torrential rain! So pleased Max finally got to conquer the sink with a little bit of help from you all. I think you would have had to roll me around Epcot!
Hoop de Hoop sounded good fun, I bet Dave is so pleased your dad got all the attention he obviously has one of those faces.
Your luck with the buses has definitely improved, I wonder if Eric had your magic band tracked so he could predict when you might need to jump on a bus...
My laid back days are brilliantly planned, it's not fun unless it's organised you're right, of course, but in my defence it felt more laid back which is bizarre as we did fit in EMH, the FP, 2 parks, the
Boardwalk, 2 ADRs at 2 different resorts, the walk around Epcot and finally poor Dad was picked on again. when I write out like that it does seem somewhat busy and not as laid back as I have previously claimed! The next day really was laid back, we even had a lie in!

Do you know what I blooming well hope Eric was keeping track of me! I don't care about big brother as long as I don't have to wait for a bus. I know there's the chip or whatever it is in the magic band so if they can tell me my name on small world they should know if I'm going to a bus stop and make a bus appear.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 7 is up.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Wow, you packed so much in for a relaxed day. 😂

I like Navi, it’s so pretty but I agree I’d never sacrifice a FOP Fp for it. The trails are brilliant at AK. Doing those you sometimes forget you are in the middle of a theme park.

Your jaunt round world showcase looks great as well.

Well done on the kitchen sink, we would never manage that. If it was full of savoury stuff we’d have a better chance.
Old 20 Oct 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Wow, you packed so much in for a relaxed day. 😂

I like Navi, it’s so pretty but I agree I’d never sacrifice a FOP Fp for it. The trails are brilliant at AK. Doing those you sometimes forget you are in the middle of a theme park.

Your jaunt round world showcase looks great as well.

Well done on the kitchen sink, we would never manage that. If it was full of savoury stuff we’d have a better chance.
I know, chilling out and Orlando don't really go together, maybe I need to think again when I say it's a relaxed day! The next one really was relaxed as it was a water park today and no ADR.

When you did your highs and lows post it got me thinking about the lounges. We loved them back in 2018 but didn't really get to fit many in this year. Next summer we have 6 nights without DDP so I think this will be the perfect time to try out some of those charcuterie plates. I really want to go back to Nomad Lounge and your sharing plate at Wine Bar George looked fab.

Old 20 Oct 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I know, chilling out and Orlando don't really go together, maybe I need to think again when I say it's a relaxed day! The next one really was relaxed as it was a water park today and no ADR.

When you did your highs and lows post it got me thinking about the lounges. We loved them back in 2018 but didn't really get to fit many in this year. Next summer we have 6 nights without DDP so I think this will be the perfect time to try out some of those charcuterie plates. I really want to go back to Nomad Lounge and your sharing plate at Wine Bar George looked fab.
Relaxing is different things to different people. We like to pack it all in as well.

That sounds like a good plan, I really liked Nomad Lounge and that plate at wine bar George was pricey but really good.

Spice road table is another place that might be good paying oop, lots of tapas style little plates.
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Relaxing is different things to different people. We like to pack it all in as well.

That sounds like a good plan, I really liked Nomad Lounge and that plate at wine bar George was pricey but really good.

Spice road table is another place that might be good paying oop, lots of tapas style little plates.
I saw you mention spice road on a paying oop thread. We will have had 14 days of ddp and then the 6 without, as I've booked DVC. I'm not sure if we will want to eat offsite or onsite. I also thought about the TS in china, I can't remember the name but I know you liked it for OOP. Is it nine dragons? Anyway, that's on the shortlist for the last 6 days, as is sci fi dine in as the burgers are pretty good value. Then there's the plaza at MK which we've never eaten at, we have a Landry card and we've not been to yak and yeti before so that's on the list...Plus all the lounges. my short list is already very long! Considering it's only 6 days.

Old 20 Oct 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I saw you mention spice road on a paying oop thread. We will have had 14 days of ddp and then the 6 without, as I've booked DVC. I'm not sure if we will want to eat offsite or onsite. I also thought about the TS in china, I can't remember the name but I know you liked it for OOP. Is it nine dragons? Anyway, that's on the shortlist for the last 6 days, as is sci fi dine in as the burgers are pretty good value. Then there's the plaza at MK which we've never eaten at, we have a Landry card and we've not been to yak and yeti before so that's on the list...Plus all the lounges. my short list is already very long! Considering it's only 6 days.
Nine Dragons is brill. Last time we went with 4 of us we got 3 mains and a couple of starters. In Disney pricing it was reasonable. You could always do big offsite breakfasts and then onsite later - best of both worlds.

Where are you staying for the dvc bit?
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Nine Dragons is brill. Last time we went with 4 of us we got 3 mains and a couple of starters. In Disney pricing it was reasonable. You could always do big offsite breakfasts and then onsite later - best of both worlds.

Where are you staying for the dvc bit?
It's going to be an epic trip, even if I do say so myself!

We have 22 nights, of which the first 2 nights are not sorted so I'm thinking of copying you and doing Rosen or something similar on I drive, unless I score a very cheap couple of nights at unviersal for the express passes. To be honest this is an outside chance of a plan as the first day is travel day and we don't get to Orlando until gone 7pm so it would be a waste of the express passes so I am favouring I drive.

Then we have the 14 nights DDP at CBR. This is locked in. When I first booked it I though of seeing if I could upgrade for a deluxe but I'm just not fussed and I love CBR, plus OB1 is there at the same time and I am really looking forward to meeting up with her again. I'm a proper stalker . I upgraded to 21 day tickets but didn't want to extend the CBR stay as I wanted to try out DVC rental.

So, then we have 3 nights at Boardwalk inn villas, which are mostly for me as I wanted to stay within walking distance of a park. This only got confirmed Friday evening and I've only told 1 person about this, not even the people I live with! So this is going to be a surpirse.

Then we have 3 nights at animal kingdom villas. This is for Max, only two people know about this, so you really do need to keep it under wraps He has his GCSEs next summer so I'm saying it's all for him But really we all know the truth. In 2018 when I did the reveal for POR royal room he was really hoping it would be AKL. So this year is his surprise.

Can you tell I've been waiting to share my secret? I'm so excited. I'm grateful you asked!

Edited at 06:08 PM.
Old 20 Oct 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I love a surprise, I’m going to have to keep it a secret too!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List