Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Free valet parking for disabled visitor abuse

Don't want to stock arguments as I imagine there will be strong feelings on this. I have them myself!

A colleague of mine claims he used the free valet parking on offer at the contemporary to park all day at the MK for free. He can't believe I wouldn't use this option as is open to me.

I honestly can't stand people who abuse these schemes as it inevitably it leads the company to close them for the people who need them!

I can't believe you would get away with this, surely they would stop it and send a parking fine to the hire company.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Does he have a disabled parking badge as I guess he wouldn't get it otherwise and there is also the tip to pay?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post
Don't want to stock arguments as I imagine there will be strong feelings on this. I have them myself!

A colleague of mine claims he used the free valet parking on offer at the contemporary to park all day at the MK for free. He can't believe I wouldn't use this option as is open to me.

I honestly can't stand people who abuse these schemes as it inevitably it leads the company to close them for the people who need them!

I can't believe you would get away with this, surely they would stop it and send a parking fine to the hire company.
I'm guessing if they have a disabled pass then it won't even be picked up by anyone as they have that many cars using their valet services.

It is an abuse as obviously that's not the intended use of it
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

he does have a disabled badge for his wife much like I have.

Honestly, it is ridiculous. Really fuming about it as for years my wife didn't even use disabled bays at Disney as she felt she could manage to the train to get the TTC. We are only planning to use it now that she is having to get a chair. I know that was her personal choice but it is just the flagrant abuse of a scheme the really annoys me.
DiscoD6381 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
screwy55
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by DiscoD6381 View Post

Hi,

I think I am missing the point here - why is it an abuse of the system? If someone is allowed free parking at Disney for whatever reason - why does it matter where they park?

It might be me not understanding the process...…...
screwy55 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I do think Disney would be onto this if they considered it abuse of they system and would be making charges, they don't miss an opportunity to make money. I very much doubt he is only one doing this and personally I don't see it as abuse of the system if they have a badge. Do they charge blue badge holders for parking at the TTC?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by screwy55 View Post
Hi,

I think I am missing the point here - why is it an abuse of the system? If someone is allowed free parking at Disney for whatever reason - why does it matter where they park?

It might be me not understanding the process...…...
I do see it as abuse as they charge for parking at the parks, they charge standard rates to get a lot that is comparable to the deluxe(can't remember the name) parking. The idea is you can walk or push a chair to the gate.

The parking is designed for resort guests as they don't have space for disabled bays at the door of the hotels. He is using them when they don't a reservation to avoid paying for parking.
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I thought they checked you for reservations at the gate of contemporary ( they always have when we’ve stayed ) so surely if they have no reservation they would be directed to the disabled bays at mk car park ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
DiscoD6381
Excited about Disney

I would have thought so too. I'm not sure if they are claiming to meet people or what as I couldn't really hide the fact a wasn't impressed by his scheme so he didn't offer a lot of details.
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Fair play to them. Parking fees are getting out of hand now. If he has a way to get round it and is doing no harm. Then well done
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List