Notices

Old 28 Dec 12, 05:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Alex and Elizabeth's Orlando Adventure - June 2013 - Pre Trippie

Hello Readers of this Pre- Trippie! . Very early to start writing about the trip, I know BUT after reading and becoming totally hooked on other Dibbers holidays I could not resist getting the ball rolling and writing our pre - trippie!.

First of all a little introduction is needed. My name is Elizabeth, I am twenty and I am a Photographer - In charge of the holiday snaps!
My boyfriend Alex is also twenty and is an actor.

We will both be twenty one whilst on holiday. We are both HUGE Disney fans and also keen on rollercoasters - rather Alex than me as I can be abit of a wimp when it comes to going on rides but I am determined to get my moneys worth and go on everything! well, Alex has kindly give me one get out card which I rekon will be used on Sheikra at Busch Garden - That thing is a beast!

I have been to Florida twice - both times being when I was very young so it is hard to remember everything that me and my family did, I can safely say that me and my brother absolutely LOVED it. Alex has never been and it didn’t take much persuading at all for him to be on board with the idea of us vacationing in the sunshine state.
So after trawling different websites, Travel agents, Brochures etc we finally booked our dream holiday via Virgin. The holiday we booked was for a two week stay from June 10th - June 24th at The Four Points (On I-Drive) and it was £1742 for the hotel and flight. We have currently put the deposit down and a few hundred, we are yet to pay the rest (which has to be paid before the end of March) WOW, whilst I have just typed this I am now realising just how soon this holiday actually is - better get planning!

Alex and I have been looking everywhere for tips and tricks to help us whilst in Orlando. I came across The Dibb and signed up straight away! It has become a sort of routine for us to read a trip report before we go to bed (sad, I know) but we just love reading about other people’s experiences and learning a few things along the way. We also love watching YouTube videos of trips - Steph n Jeff being our favourites.

Planning our holiday has been rather tough so far as we both work long hours and only really see one another at night when were both exhausted - Florida is always on my mind though. I think where should we eat? How much should we save? Which day should we do what park? ALOT of planning has to go into it so now we have a few days off we plan on knuckling down (I make it sound like such a chore - it's really not!) and getting things sorted. I know for sure that there are certain places that I HAVE to visit for example Bubba Gumps - One of my favourite films and also the first film Alex and I watched together. We have also decided we would really like to go and see The Blue Man Group - The whole concept just sounds so fun!, As we will both be twenty one we will be using this to our advantage and hitting the cocktails!

My mum and Brother are writing us a bucket list for our holiday, starting from the moment we leave our front door in Blackpool! This is just something fun for us to do throughout the holiday which we won’t open until the day we depart.

We will be posting little updates until we go in June, We really hope any of you reading our reports enjoys them as much as we do writing them. Lots of love, Liz & Al x

Edited at 05:31 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 12, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
redspottyowl
Imagineer

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi, Welcome to the Dibb, a great start on your pre-trippy!

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
AUG 2022 - Cabana Bay -teen choice
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 12, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubbasmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Happy planning, look forward to reading on.

POFQ 2006
DLP Hotel New York 2010 & 2011
OKW 2013
Championsgate 2014
Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland Paris 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Barcelona 2015
Disney Magic Cruise - Norwejian Fjords 2016
SSR 2016, SSR 2018
Bubbasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 13, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
rach445
Getting Excited

Hi am leaving the same dates as yourself! Iam so excited. I have ben once before in june 2010. Happy planning xx
rach445 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 13, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Happy planning to you too! Hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy the hot hot sunshine x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List