Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
prescription goggles

I'm so happy I have ridiculously poor eye sight (-10 and -10.25) and I got some prescription goggles from ASDA - I couldn't get ones for my exact prescription because its so rubbish but I got the strongest they do and today I went for a swim in the sea after an outdoor skate and I COULD SEE I could see in the sea lol I'm so excited about this!

I'm excited to go to the water parks and be able to see and not have to worry aout my glasses, for more time outside swimming in the sea without worrying about losing my glasses to a wave or worse not wearing them and not being able to find my belongings on the shore!

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Excited about Disney

I hate not been able to see while swimming too, I'm glad that they seem to work so well, can I ask how much they were?
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD has half the prescription strength you do but wouldn’t be without her prescription goggles! Hers are from Amazon and were around £15.
Old 29 Jul 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

We got our daughters from Costco, her eyes are both around the 6 mark but the strongest we could get her was 5's I think it was. They were £20 or £30 - a real bargain for her to be able to see when on her swimming lessons and at water parks etc.

Really lovely to hear that you are enjoying them so much.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

I bought some from Amazon two weeks ago, they were by Hersvin and were £12.99.

They were brilliant, my only problem was that you can only buy one strength for both eyes and as one of my eyes is much worse than the other it was a bit blurry, but not as bad as if I hadn’t had them.

I’d recommend them!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have had a couple of pairs from Direct Specs. They are fantastic as I go to the swimming baths all of the time and at least now I can see where all the other swimmers are. Mine were £25.

Michelle

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by eleele View Post
I bought some from Amazon two weeks ago, they were by Hersvin and were £12.99.

They were brilliant, my only problem was that you can only buy one strength for both eyes and as one of my eyes is much worse than the other it was a bit blurry, but not as bad as if I hadn’t had them.

I’d recommend them!
My DD has differing strengths in each lense. Totally depends on the brand and shop you get them from.
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
birdiesX4
Imagineer

DD is an optom at a high street optician store and recently prescribed some for her boyfriend. He loves them and they are the correct prescription for each eye.
birdiesX4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
I got mine from ASDA opticians and they were £16 - I did try a few different places but was told by all of them that -8 (and in some cases -6) is the strongest you can get. They took about a week to come through and are really fab - they are like proper sports swimming goggles too rather than the cheaper ones with a really excellent suction fitting - I had my head under water and there was no leakage, and removing them you could feel how strong the seal is.

I honestly wish I had got a pair year ago!

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Anyone know anywhere that does half sizes?
I'm -1.25 and -1.75 which I know isn't that blind, but I really don't like swimming without contacts at the moment as it is very blurry. I was thinking of trying to get some at -1.5 on both