Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Inspiration please !

So, I spent 3 months in hospital last summer on a ventilator and endured 3 lifesaving ops.
Then IV chemo into this year and now chemo tablets for however long Ive got (ovarian cancer, late stage and survival rates less than 19%) so yesterday my bloods were ok (have them done every 3 weeks) and Im now in possession of my fit to fly letter, have got insurance and Virgin Atlantic medical team are happy so we can fly out to Florida on 15 September YAY!

Due a scan when I get back and if that is ok we would like to try and go away for Christmas... however this is where I need help guys.

I dont want a beach holiday as I wear a wig as my hair won't grow back on these chemo tablets and so swimming is a no unfortunately.

I'd just book and go to florida again but DH has put his foot down and said no BOOOOOO

Any ideas?

I looked at New York but OMG that is just sooooo expensive over christmas for a week.

PLease throw some ideas my way.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

There's another thread somewhere where a Dibber went to a lodge type hotel - think Switzerland- it looked amazing, resting and romantic. I'd go there in a heartbeat.

If I can find the link I'll pop back...

Austria not Switzerland, not sure if link works
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...rland&pag e=9
Original post was WhereIBelong then someone else replied to say they'd tried it on the recommendation 😃

Or Vegas 😎

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh..glad to hear you're on the mend! Enjoy Florida x
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Your title is Inspiration Please but I think you are inspirational ! Have a fab holiday in September and hope your results are good for your December holiday wherever it maybe 😀
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

North Conway NH, the scenery is lovely and then a few nights in Boston.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer91
Proud to wear my Ears

We are doing DLP from the 24th - 27th which I found fairly reasonable.

Also - so pleased you're doing well! My lovely auntie had OC stage 4 and was told she wouldn't see 6 months. She wasn't, she did amazing - living with it for many many years despite what they said and travelled half way around the world many times. And treatments are advancing every day. Have an AMAZING holiday.

New account

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Disneydreamer91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Hope you have the most wonderful holiday you really do deserve it. I've never been away at Christmas but have you thought about a cruise. We have just been on our first one and loved it.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I was also going to suggest a cruise, it will be more expensive over Christmas but they will do special things such as carols, Christmas dinner etc. We love cruising as a way to see a lot of places in a short time.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Lapland or Iceland for a snowy holiday and maybe northern lights.
Dubai, loads to do there which isn’t beach
Different Disney - DLP, California, Hong Kong?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordieprincess View Post
Lapland or Iceland for a snowy holiday and maybe northern lights.
Dubai, loads to do there which isn’t beach
Different Disney - DLP, California, Hong Kong?
Another idea for for a snowy holiday is Quebec. Quebec City has plenty going on in winter. Although saying that it's only what I have read. We have only been once and that was the beginning of August this year. We loved it. Seeing the northern lights would be amazing though. Let us know what you decide. If your heart is really set on Florida though let us know and we will tell your husband he has to take you!
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List