Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The Bare Necessities - Day 3 Friday 2nd August 2019 Magic Kingdom

Day 3 Magic Kingdom Friday 2nd August 2019

Welcome to The Bare Necessities Trip Report. I’m Abby and I went to Orlando at the end of July 2019 with my husband David and our children Max (14) and Kate (12). We’ve been to Orlando before But this trip was different as we had my parents Jac and Tom with us, they will be referred to as Mum and Dad or Grandma and Grandad throughout the report. I was so excited to take them with us as this was their first time to WDW.

Day 3

Today we had MK in the plan, with FPs booked for the morning and early afternoon, then back to the resort for a swim and dinner was booked up for Crystal Palace. I also really wanted to see Happily Ever After today as well.

I know that we had the first day at MK and that with just one day in between we’re back at MK again today, but it just sort of fell like that when looking at the busy day guide. I felt that my parents first park should be MK where we spent the morning in Frontierland and Tomorrowland, then this was our one and only EMH day for MK and as we didn’t touch Fantasyland the first day this was where I wanted to start today. After today we had an evening at MK planned for day 5 and then one more morning on day 12. So it meant there would be quite a gap and the MK days were front loaded. Perhaps I should have done that differently and maybe tried to spread them out a bit better . But anyway, that's how the plan worked out, so yep we're back at MK again.

As the park opened for EMH at 8am we agreed to meet at the bus stop at 7am as it’s a bit further out than the other parks and I wanted to make sure we got there in good time. I was aiming to do Peter Pan straight away in EMH and then head over into Fantasyland for Ariel, Barnstormer and Dumbo before our FPs. I figured we’d easily do this as the first FP was at 9.40am for Space Mountain. Also, as we'd missed out on Pirate's on day 1 I wanted to try and nip over there before the line got too long. I was sort of thinking we’d be better off having breakfast after Space as I wasn’t sure how my parents would feel racing around in there with full bellies. But as you’ll see the day didn’t exactly go according to my plans . Sometimes the Disney Gods are just not listening are they?

First breakfast for the kids were the crisps they hadn't eaten at HS the night before. Yes, I know, really healthy .

They started these on the way to the bus stop, but as it was all of 30 seconds walk they were still eating them there and I’m sure many of the parents there were giving me the side eye!

On the walk over I saw the tiniest snail.

We got to the bus stop at 7.05am and waited and waited and waited some more . It wasn’t until 7.58am that an MK bus came along. There were a lot of very angry people by this point we were lucky (but we had been there for forever) but of course not everyone who was waiting made it on the bus.

On he bus I got chatting to a couple on their honeymoon. They were telling me about going to Cinderella’s Royal Table the day before and how they had loved it. They hadn’t been to WDW before, one of them had been to DLP on a school trip but they were totally blown away by the size of WDW. We ended up seeing them a few times throughout the trip and they said they were having a great time.

We eventually got to the bus station at MK at 8.16am. Yes, you’ve guessed it bag check was a nightmare . I knew at this point there was no hope for the Peter Pan start of EMH plan and I decided we should just go straight over to Storybook Circus and ride Barnstormer.

On the way I took a photo of the construction of the Tron coaster, this looks like it’s going to be huge.

We were in the loading are at Barnstormer for 8.40am as of course it was a walk on during EMH.

Kate and Grandad rode in the front row, then Max and Grandma, followed by Dave and myself behind them.

I asked the kids if they wanted to do Dumbo, but they said no. I kind of wish I hadn’t listened to them as we never did make it onto Dumbo.

We made our way to Under the Sea with Ariel, which I love, I wasn't about to ask opinions on whether we ride this .

Again, this ride was a walk on. It’s a great ride and my parents have already said their favourite style of rides are the clamshell ones!

It was 9am now and as the park was open I decided we should head over to Pirates of the Caribbean.

I had hoped to do this on day 1 but we hadn’t had time before breakfast. The wait time said 10 minutes but it was barely 5 minutes with most of the time taken by walking through to the boats.

We were in the back 2 rows.

On our way back over to Tomorrowland It’s a small world was posting as a 10 minute wait so we hopped on there.

I’m not sure Mum and Dad appreciated the song as much as I did.

It was approaching 10am and even though our Space FP was open people were hungry. So, I figured we should grab some breakfast. We stopped for second breakfast for the kids and first for the rest of us at Gaston’s Tavern.

On the way over to Gaston’s there was a photopass outside Be Our Guest with no one waiting in line. We quickly jumped in and got some lovely photos.

Plus a magic shot!

There was a bit of a queue in the shop so I went in with Mum and Dave, while Dad and the kids waited outside. I just got 2 cinnamon buns to share between 5 of us, as despite enjoying the Garden Grill cinnamon bun Max was adamant that he didn’t like cinnamon. I got Max a chocolate croissant. Plus, I got Dad an apple juice. The rest of us water. We also had the LeFou's brew drink, which we've never had before, just one to share. But this was enough. It's very sweet.

5 snack credits used for breakfast today. We all enjoyed the cinnamon buns but they weren’t as good as the Garden Grill one we’d had the day before.

While we were eating our breakfast Gaston came out for his meet and greet, there were only 2 people in line so I grabbed Kate and we went over to line up. He was really funny. He was saying to me that it would have been better if I’d worn mirrored ears as he much prefers to look at himself than other people.

I figured it would be a good idea to let the breakfast go down a little bit before doing Space so we went on the Peoplemover.

I checked with Mum and Dad they were happy to do Space Mountain, I’m not sure happy is the right word as they were a bit apprehensive, but they said they’d give it a go.

We did girls at the front and boys at the back. I don’t think Mum and Dad liked this, they were pretty happy to hear I didn’t have any more FPs for it and that this was the one and only time they would have to ride it.

Max is doing an impression of Dave from our first trip. No one ends up looking flattering in the Rock and Roller photos, and Dave was holding on so tight.

They survived it, but I decided we should stick to some less intense rides for the rest of the day, so we went onto the tea cups I know there's a lot of spinning, but I had a plan . This also had a 10 minute wait posted but was really only 5 minutes.

I persuaded Max and Kate to go with Dave, as they love to spin the tea cup and I didn’t want Mum and Dad to get sick.

This meant that the three of us, me, Mum and Dad rode together. I cannot remember the last time I’ve ridden a fairground ride with my mum and dad. This was great. Dave took photos of us (after I asked him to!). It's a fab photo though

It was starting to get a bit hotter and a little rest was in order, and I figured we may as well go all out and have third breakfast . Cheshire cats tail and coffees.

The Cheshire cat tails are basically a chocolate croissant, we had 2. The coffees from here were about the worst coffee we've ever had at WDW, don’t ever buy these coffees! 4 snack credits used. We sat at one of the outdoor tables at Cosmic Ray’s.

While everyone was eating I spotted Alice make her way over to her meet and greet…I was doing well with my character spotting today. The line was pretty short, Kate and me were 4th in line, by the time it was our turn the line was halfway round the flower bed so we got really lucky here too.

Alice was quite chatty and told Kate that once she drank a little too much of a potion and she nearly disappeared as all you could see was her bow and then it took a long time for her to reappear. She also advised Kate to beware of her stripes as she might disappear too.

Our Enchanted Tales with Belle FP had been cancelled so we had a freebie replacement FP. I decided we would use it on Winnie the Pooh, which we had a FP for later in the trip so I swapped that for Enchanted Tales with Belle. When we got to the entrance it was only a 25 minute wait, but as we’d done pretty well today with no waits of longer than 10 minutes I was still happy we’d decided to use the FP for Pooh.

We then decided to go on the Carousel, mum ended up banging her shin while climbing up onto her horse and this caused a big bruise, but she looked like she was enjoying herself in the photos in spite of the pain.

As it was after midday and pretty hot we went to see Philharmagic to get a breather in the air con and to have a little bit of a rest . As always we enjoyed the show and Mum and Dad thought it was great too.

Of course by now everyone was peckish for lunch. We headed over to Golden Oak Outpost as there was one thing and one thing only on my mind. Chilli, cheese waffle fries, yummy . These are fab. We each had them apart from Max who didn't have chilli. 6 snack credits used...burning through the snack credits now!

After lunch our FP had opened up for 7DMT and we headed back over to Fantasyland, yes I’m realising now that we criss-crossed the park a bit today . On the way Dad and Max tested out the stocks.

The wait time for mine train was at 115 minutes and of course the FP queue was long, but this was just to scan the bands, inside the wait wasn’t too bad.

Mum and Dad were marvelling at my planning skills at this point as they were really pleased we hadn’t had to wait at all today, apart from the bus.

Mum sat with Kate, then Max with Dad. Max is looking like he’s really enjoying this ride while Dad is clinging on for dear life! Are they on the same ride?

And I got to ride with Dave.

We’d agreed that we would leave after this FP, but on the way I was tempted by ice cream. We popped into the Plaza for ice cream sundaes and cookie sandwiches. I had the All American, as did Dave and Dad.

Mum had the waffle sundae.

Kate had a cone with mint choc chip, Max had a cookie sandwich.

6 more snacks used, racing through them now.

The ice creams were all tasty. I really loved that sundae, the cookie sandwich is good, but the sundaes are even better I think. I like the peanut butter sauce and chocolate sauce. Yummy! We settled down in the seating outside the Plaza to eat them.

As we were eating there was a terrific thunder and lightning storm, you know when the lightning and thunder are right on top of you and it’s so loud . I don’t think we ever get thunder as loud as that over here. We stayed where we were and tried to take shelter from the rain under the umbrellas. Unfortunately, the umbrella was a bit lopsided and Dad and me had our backsides exposed to the rain. The others rather helpfully took photos!

We ended up waiting about 30 minutes for it to ease off a bit and become a slow drizzle before we made our way to the bus stop.

When we got back to FQ it was still wet so the others all went back to the room as there wasn’t much chance of any pool time today . I had said to Dave that I wanted to go and make a complaint about the lack of buses in the morning.

I went to the front desk and said to the cast member that I was sorry to say that I had to make a complaint. I asked her who I would need to speak to about the bus being so late this morning. I didn’t want to rant at her as obviously it’s not her fault there wasn’t a bus and I wanted to make sure I spoke to the right person. She asked me what had happened so I said we’d got to the bus stop at 7.05 and had waited over 50 minutes for the bus to arrive for MK as it didn’t get there until 7.58 and that meant we had missed a lot of EMH as by the time the bus got to MK the lines for bag check were really long. I explained that I was sad about this as it was my parents first trip and this was our one and only MK EMH day. The cast member said she would pass this on to the transportation people. I thanked her and said that I was grateful she would pass it on and that I hoped the bus service in the morning would improve. I kind of figured this was the end of it, I knew there was nothing else could she do as obviously she couldn't go back in time and make a bus appear. But at least I had told them I wasn't happy.

I went back to the room and showered as the others were all chilling out on tablets or reading. While I was in the shower there was a phone call from a cast member called Eric from the transportation centre. Dave asked him to call back in 10 minutes, he decided he didn’t have the authority to speak to Eric I think he told him I was in the shower.

Sure enough in 10 minutes Eric called again so there I was sitting on the bed half dressed with wet hair talking to Eric about it all. I explained the whole thing again and said that I was sorry to have to make a complaint but that waiting 50 minutes for a bus was a long time. I said that obviously I knew we couldn’t go back in time and have a do-over, but I explained that I didn't mind getting up early and just wanted to make sure that we would get to the park in time for rope drop in the future. I said that we hadn't ever experienced this lack of buses at other resorts that we've stayed at and so I asked him if there were fewer buses at FQ and whether we should have arrive at the bus stop even earlier in the future.

It was actually a pleasant conversation. He was a nice guy and said that there should have been a bus, he was sorry that there wasn't one and that we didn't have to get to the bus stop any earlier. He said being at the bus stop 55 minutes before should have easily been enough time to get a bus to the park and that we wouldn’t have a problem in the future.

He asked if we were going out to the parks again today and I said that we were heading back to MK and that I had planned on us being at the bus stop at 6pm as we had a dinner reservation at Crystal Palace for 7pm (the ADR was actually 6.55pm) but I figured the 5 minutes didn’t matter. He said that allowing an hour would be fine and that he would guarantee there would be a bus there on time and that we wouldn’t be late. I thanked him for taking the time to listen to me and said I was grateful that we wouldn’t have to wait as long this evening. Before ending the call Eric gave me his mobile phone number so that if there was a problem this evening, or any other day in our trip I could phone him and let him know and he would sort it out . This was very sweet of him, I didn’t end up phoning him even though there were a couple of times when my family urged me to. I was a bit skeptical about the guarantee, but figured at least he had listened to me and he'd apologised which was about all he could do.

So, we all got ready for the evening and left the room at 5.57pm. When we got to the bus stop there was someone waiting for us... Eric and the bus was waiting too! I couldn’t believe that he’d come over to FQ from wherever the transportation centre was. I know he said he'd guarantee a bus, but I didn't expect him to be waiting there and to specially commission a bus for us. I was actually quite overwhelmed at the idea that he had decided my complaint was worthy of further attention after he'd put the phone down and that he hadn't just gone about his regular business. In fact I gave him a hug! And I may have had a small tear in my eye

Perhaps as all I’d wanted to know was what time we should get to the bus stop in future and as I wasn’t shouty or rude or in any way unpleasant about the lack of a bus in the morning he wanted to go out of his way to make a little bit of magic and spread some pixie dust?

Maybe it’s his job to spread pixie dust like this when people complain about the buses?

Maybe he’s done this loads of times?

But it sure made me and the others happy at the time and it really was a lovely thing to do, no it didn’t erase the lost EMH, but it did make me feel a whole lot better about the buses. And so we got on our bus and made our way to MK waving good bye to Eric as he stood at the bus stop.

Right, back to normal events! Earlier in the day when we used our mine train FP I’d booked up the Tinkerbell meet as a 4th FP for 6pm as I thought this would be nice to do on the way to dinner.

This is one where there is a computer photopass taking lots of photos throughout the meet and greet. We ended up with the wrong photos.

So, later in the trip I had to pop in to get these added to our account, as I knew the time it was pretty easy to track them down.

Max really didn’t fancy being in these photos today. Dad tried to convince him to come over.

Tink asked him if he was a pirate and he said yes.

It was still raining as it had been all afternoon.

We walked through the shops all the way up Main Street to get to the Crystal Palace dinner. I’d all but given up hope of watching HEA today. I said to Dave that if the rain stopped it’d be a great chance to watch it without crowds as surely most people had left the park in the hours of rain we’d had all afternoon and evening.

We checked in on time and barely sat down on the benches before we were called in to our table.

Right, for those who don't know this is a character buffet in MK with Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore. It is the only place you can meet Piglet at WDW and as he is Kate's favourite we have eaten here 3 times now.

At lunch and dinner there are various salad options as starters, with a soup, today was clam chowder. There are lots of hot side dishes, fish (usually salmon), pasta and carvery meats for the main courses. Then for dessert there are little sweet desserts and a serve yourself ice cream sundae with soft serve ice cream.

First up starters and Max's first buffet plates.

Kate went with some prawns with her nuggets.

Dave had some salad with his starter!

Dad was particularly pleased to see the peel and eat prawns.

Max was going all out for the entertainment value with his plates.

On the DDP the alcohol is wine or beer, plus Mimosa cocktails. The kids had cokes and we all had wine. The cokes appeared pretty quickly but the wine took a little longer.

Max moved on to his fruit course.

Kate also had some fruit and more prawns.

For my starter I had some salad and prawns, they really are tasty.

Max joined in with the walking around behind the characters. Look for the giant child in the red t shirt!

Back to the food and of course he went for more nuggets.

The wine finally made an appearance and was nice enough.

Max then seemed to move on to his dessert and bread course.

As I was still only finishing my starter and he'd basically only eaten nuggets and fruit I told him to try and have a proper plate next time and get some of the carved meat as it wasn't time for dessert yet.

Kate had obviously listened to part of this as she did get a slice of meat, not big on the accompaniments though!

Dave tried out the jambalaya and said this was really good.

Max did an attempt at a proper main course.

I went for the fish and some pasta, with some veggies.

The fish was lovely, it was salmon as it usually is at these buffets.

Max then went for a large plate of fruit, so I was a little happier.

Kate tried out the chicken drumsticks.

Dad then went for his main course and had some meat, which he really loved.

Mum had salad to start and then spotted the soup, which was a chowder. She really enjoyed this.

Now you may recall this is supposed to be a character buffet and apart from Max walking around the restaurant behind Piglet we hadn't seen any characters yet and we were pretty much ready to move on to desserts and we hadn't rushed. But of course there is a system and our server popped over and said the characters were going to be with us soon.

I let the kids begin with the desserts.

Max went for cookies, brownie and ice cream.

Kate's first dessert plate.

We'd been at the table for an hour and hadn't seen the characters, but actually it was nice as we were able to enjoy the food without the interruptions!

First up was Tigger.

Then five minutes later along came Eeyore.

I went for a selection of desserts.

There was another parade around the restaurant and this time Max was right behind Eeyore!

Dad went back for seconds of the meat, he really did like it!

Dave was ready to move on to desserts.

Max went back for some more brownies and cookies.

Dad decided he was ready for the self service ice cream sundae with brownies.

And finally Kate meeting Piglet.

Pooh was not too far behind.

I decided I had room for another round of desserts and I ordered a coffee.

We ended up spending around an hour and 40 minutes in their, but as it was still raining outside it was lovely to sit and take our time with the meal.

It's a firm favourite for us, even Max joined in with the walking around the room following the characters, which surprised me.

As I said, the rain hadn’t stopped so we didn’t hang around in MK and headed back to the bus stop. I was sad to not see HEA tonight, but we just didn't want to stand around in the rain. We did have one more chance to see HEA so I was hoping it wouldn’t rain then and we’d get to see it. Otherwise I’d have had to change my plans. If you’ve read the food report you know already that we did manage to watch HEA and it was from a fantastic spot and at the end of the most perfect evening in MK, so it was all good in the end .

We got back to the hotel by 9.25pm and had an early night, which was handy as we had an early alarm as I wanted to be off to Discovery Cove by 7am the next day.

So, a few downs along with the ups today. Not a complete washout in spite of the rain and buses conspiring against my carefully laid plans. We did still manage a massive 11 attractions today in MK, lots of characters and some absolutely delicious food. The waffle fries were a real hit at lunch. The ice cream sundaes from the Plaza were a lovely treat too. Then our first buffet and both Mum and Dad were impressed with the variety of food. It was nice that my complaints had been listened to and a complete surprise that Eric turned up at the bus stop to make sure we would get to MK on time and not have to wait around too long. So, all in all I look back fondly on the day rather than feeling like we missed out.

Statistics
Steps 19286
Attractions 11

Coming Soon
Next up tomorrow we go to Discovery Cove, Mum and Dad got to swim with dolphins for the first time ever, even more rain, and AK in the evening where I think we’ve found the smallest snack in all of WDW.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw, that photo of you with your parents on the tea cups is lovely!
Max on 7DMT cracked me up. Loved seeing him following the characters at Crystal Palace too!

Glad Eric really listened to you, goes a long way when they respond properly to a complaint. Sounds like you had a great day despite the slow start and rain.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That really is a fab photo of you and your parents on the tea cups!

Enchanted Tales was the last FP you would expect to see cancelled; Belle must have been poorly haha.

So funny that Dave didn’t feel worthy of taking Eric’s call. I am glad that you were happy with how Disney dealt with your complaint; I definitely think that it helped that you weren’t making a fuss.

I’m not sold on the automatic PhotoPass machines but the pictures of your dad trying to coax Max into the photo are really funny and capture the moment well. But an actual photographer would have got a close up for Kate and Tink hugging, which would have been a lovely shot.

Max is so funny, can’t believe he joined in with the character parade.

Gah, Crystal Palace looks really good. We have a ‘space’ in MK that I was thinking of Pecos Bills for, it’s our MNSSHP night, they should have the characters in their Halloween costumes, that would lure me in. Did Kate forget her ears?

You are definitely being too hard on yourself, you did loads today and an impressive amount of snacking.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What an amazing day - I remember this as possibly the rainiest full day we have ever experienced in a Floridian summer, it never gave up!
You managed to get so much done, even with the wet bottoms too
So many pictures of Max having such a laugh today they really made me giggle and reflect on how much he has changed as he has got older.

Eric also really did go that extra bit for you Quality response and whilst it did not repair the morning bus carnage there was such a personal way to ensure that this was not repeated in the evening.

Crystal Palace for an evening meal is a great idea, if only for the lovely looking prawns. Good to see Dad managed to ensure that the buffet value was put to good use with extra beef, it does look delicious though!

As always so many fantastic photos and a day that you got so much done despite the rain, good to get an early night when Discovery Cove is next on the list

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Aw, that photo of you with your parents on the tea cups is lovely!
Max on 7DMT cracked me up. Loved seeing him following the characters at Crystal Palace too!

Glad Eric really listened to you, goes a long way when they respond properly to a complaint. Sounds like you had a great day despite the slow start and rain.
I think the tea cups photo might be my favourite photo of the whole trip.

Max is so funny, he does enjoy WDW, he still maintains that it's better than universal as while uni has a couple of great coasters the rest is just screens which he doesn't like. But to look at him on 7dmt you'd think he was bored to death.

Yes I think the fact that Eric listened to me was what I was pleased about. He didn't make any excuses either he just agreed that it wasn't the sort of service they want to provide.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That really is a fab photo of you and your parents on the tea cups!

Enchanted Tales was the last FP you would expect to see cancelled; Belle must have been poorly haha.

So funny that Dave didn’t feel worthy of taking Eric’s call. I am glad that you were happy with how Disney dealt with your complaint; I definitely think that it helped that you weren’t making a fuss.

I’m not sold on the automatic PhotoPass machines but the pictures of your dad trying to coax Max into the photo are really funny and capture the moment well. But an actual photographer would have got a close up for Kate and Tink hugging, which would have been a lovely shot.

Max is so funny, can’t believe he joined in with the character parade.

Gah, Crystal Palace looks really good. We have a ‘space’ in MK that I was thinking of Pecos Bills for, it’s our MNSSHP night, they should have the characters in their Halloween costumes, that would lure me in. Did Kate forget her ears?

You are definitely being too hard on yourself, you did loads today and an impressive amount of snacking.
Yes it was a bit weird that the Enchanted Tales with Belle FP got cancelled, but I swapped it for the one I had for Pooh before the CRT dinner.

Dave joked (with me not Eric) that he didn't have the authority to speak to Eric...It's probably true though

No I'm not sure about the machine photos for Tink, you're right we would have got a few close ups if there had been a photopass photographer.

I didn't know the Pooh characters dressed in special Halloween outfits, if it helps with your dilemma I'd love to see them all dressed up

I'd reminded Kate about her ears, but she didnt want to wear them I'm not sure why really, maybe the rain and she didnt want them to get wet? Her t shirt has a little pooh bear hugging a teddy bear on the chest and underneath it says "free hugs" so she was themed for the dinner, but it's difficult to see as it's so small.

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What an amazing day - I remember this as possibly the rainiest full day we have ever experienced in a Floridian summer, it never gave up!
You managed to get so much done, even with the wet bottoms too
So many pictures of Max having such a laugh today they really made me giggle and reflect on how much he has changed as he has got older.

Eric also really did go that extra bit for you Quality response and whilst it did not repair the morning bus carnage there was such a personal way to ensure that this was not repeated in the evening.

Crystal Palace for an evening meal is a great idea, if only for the lovely looking prawns. Good to see Dad managed to ensure that the buffet value was put to good use with extra beef, it does look delicious though!

As always so many fantastic photos and a day that you got so much done despite the rain, good to get an early night when Discovery Cove is next on the list
Yes we've never had such a lot of rain that didn't stop. We're used to the sudden downpours in Florida, but it usually doesn't last all afternoon and evening.

I keep looking at my baby in the photos and wondering where he is. He's changed such a lot from the 9 year old on our first trip to the strapping lad he is now. I like the photo where he's showing off his wet butt!

The dinner buffet is really good. As we took our time with it we were able to really get our monies worth

An early night before DC was a good idea as we were pretty tired, it was still only day 3 and while we felt like we had kicked the jet lag none of us were really up for a late night yet.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can't believe you had to wait 50 minutes for a bus! :o It's a shame it had a knock on effect on your plans too but you did make the best of the morning.

I definitely want to try the Cinnamon bun next time, it'll probably only be me who eats it though as none of my party like cinnamon ... Mr Grump especially hates it We found the Le Fous brew really sweet too, not something we'll be getting again I don't think. Did Max try the cinnamon bun again or did he stick to his pastry?

The Gaston meet looks fun

Well done to mum and dad for riding Space Mountain! They don't look too scared on the photo

That photo on the tea cups is lovely, such a nice memory to have. Max's face on BTM I love Max getting in for the wet bum photo haha.

I welled up reading about Eric, how lovely, sometimes it's small things like that that mean the most isn't it. How lovely of him.

I had a chuckle at the photopasses with Tink ... definitely need to keep an eye on those ones.

You have no idea how happy I am to see Max's buffet plates again ... I've for to say these make your trip reports Abby I'm glad to see he didn't disappoint

A great day considering the start and the weather XX
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a fab day, apart from the bus incident in the morning, but at least Disney did something lovely. When we stayed at POR in 2012 the buses cracked us up, we've used a car since then, I really have no patience though! I love the photo of you and your parents that is lovely, and how have I never had those chilli waffles, they look amazing! Love the Cheshire Cat tails too, I was so tempted to go back for seconds with them! Great character meets too, I really enjoyed reading about your day

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Omg Eric

Max’s plates
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Yes- Max's buffet plates are back, hilarious 😂 Keep it up Max
I'm loving seeing your Mum and Dads reactions, they are certainly game and up for everything- it's made me really want to take my parents with us next time.
So glad Eric listened to your experience and tried to make amends, love Disney.
Can't wait for next instalment, thank you for sharing your trip Hx
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can't believe you had to wait 50 minutes for a bus! :o It's a shame it had a knock on effect on your plans too but you did make the best of the morning.

I definitely want to try the Cinnamon bun next time, it'll probably only be me who eats it though as none of my party like cinnamon ... Mr Grump especially hates it We found the Le Fous brew really sweet too, not something we'll be getting again I don't think. Did Max try the cinnamon bun again or did he stick to his pastry?

The Gaston meet looks fun

Well done to mum and dad for riding Space Mountain! They don't look too scared on the photo

That photo on the tea cups is lovely, such a nice memory to have. Max's face on BTM I love Max getting in for the wet bum photo haha.

I welled up reading about Eric, how lovely, sometimes it's small things like that that mean the most isn't it. How lovely of him.

I had a chuckle at the photopasses with Tink ... definitely need to keep an eye on those ones.

You have no idea how happy I am to see Max's buffet plates again ... I've for to say these make your trip reports Abby I'm glad to see he didn't disappoint

A great day considering the start and the weather XX
There were a lot of unhappy people at the bus stop that morning. The screen was just useless and the time kept creeping up and up I much prefer not having the screens it was better not knowing when the bus would appear.

You should try the cinnamon bun, even better if you get to eat it all yourself Max just stuck with his chocolate croissant and didn't even try any of it. You're right about the sweetness of the drink I don't think we'll bother again either.

The photo for Space is right near the beginning so they hadn't done any of the ride really, I think if it had been near the end then their faces would have been different. Although they perked up quick enough for the tea cups photo, it's just lovely isn't it? As is Max's bottom

Eric was a real sweetie, I like to think he doesn't do that every day, but either way it made us feel pretty special.

We didn't have many of the self service buffets this trip so you have to enjoy Max's star plates today.

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
What a fab day, apart from the bus incident in the morning, but at least Disney did something lovely. When we stayed at POR in 2012 the buses cracked us up, we've used a car since then, I really have no patience though! I love the photo of you and your parents that is lovely, and how have I never had those chilli waffles, they look amazing! Love the Cheshire Cat tails too, I was so tempted to go back for seconds with them! Great character meets too, I really enjoyed reading about your day
We'd rather not drive as we both like a cocktail and don't want to have to deal with the car parks, but I have to say that we were wondering what on earth was wrong this trip. There were a couple of times at AK where we waited ages to get home.

You've got to try those waffle fries, for a snack they made a pretty substantial lunch.

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Omg Eric

Max’s plates
Yep, me too, I couldn't stop myself from hugging him at the bus stop, which is a bit weird really as I'm not a particularly touchy sort of person in real life!

Originally Posted by Hel22 View Post
Yes- Max's buffet plates are back, hilarious 😂 Keep it up Max
I'm loving seeing your Mum and Dads reactions, they are certainly game and up for everything- it's made me really want to take my parents with us next time.
So glad Eric listened to your experience and tried to make amends, love Disney.
Can't wait for next instalment, thank you for sharing your trip Hx
There were the odd couple of (hundred) times I got frustrated by Mum and Dad but then I guess we all get irritated by our parents and that was bound to happen. They were way too slow sometimes and boy oh boy did we need to have a lot of restroom breaks, which obvs I haven't included as that would be a very boring trip report But seriously it was such a wonderful thing to do all together. The kids adored being able to share the experience with Grandma and Grandad and now that we're back home I keep wondering if I should ask them if they want to go back for another trip so I'd recommend it but I think it's not without frustrations!

I'm glad you're enjoying reading the report, it's such a lot of fun to write it up.