Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Oct 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Tesco credit card anyone?

Does anyone have a Tesco credit card? How do I know if there is a yearly fee?
Up until recently we never had a credit card. But I like to be able to see exactly what & where I am spending and manage my money.
We have a virgin credit card but with a family of 5 plus virgin prices we will never be able to upgrade.
We shop at Tesco and collect Tesco club points so I want a Tesco credit card to use at Tesco so that I can see & monitor my Tesco spends and collect extra club points.
From what I can see the credit cards seems to be aimed at people wanting 12 month or more interest free in purchases or people moving money from other debts?
We don’t want this, we don’t have any loans etc I just want to use it for food shopping and gain more Tesco club points.
I have seen a fee that states is on premium cards but what are the premium cards?
I can’t get an email just a phone number (difficult to ring with being partially deaf)
Does anyone have one? If so, is there a yearly fee?
Any reviews, good or bad?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

We have a card, pay off balance every month, I like it to collect points for money off restaurants etc & Tesco food.
We don’t pay a fee at all, not sure what the interest is as pay off, we have used abroad with no problems, but now have a Halifax Clarity who don’t charge foreign exchange fees so will use that in future
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
bearandbuzz
Apprentice Imagineer

bearandbuzz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I’ve had one for about 15 years now.
There is no annual fee to pay.
I tend to use it for all my food shopping (whether it’s at Tesco or not) as you earn club card points on all purchases, then extra points on Tesco purchases.
I don’t pay any interest as I clear the card each month - to me it’s an easy way to earn my club card vouchers which helps to pay for our Merlin passes each year so it’s win-win 😀

Our magic moment as Grand Marshall's in 2013
WL August 2014 The solo(ish) trip - August 2014
BC August 2016 If it ain't broke, don't fix it - August 2016
Villa 2018 - A change of scene - August 2018
bearandbuzz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have also had one since they did one... no fee. There are the usual costs of using a normal credit card abroad, but to be honest we just use it anyhow. We pay off the full amount every month, so don't know about the interest rate - I think that depends on when you join etc anyhow.

We put all our monthly spend on it - everything we buy in a shop or on-line and get about £180 of vouchers a year (a pitiful amount compared to originally). Which we use for their deals like railcards/hotels etc as they multiply the value by 3.

see tescobank.com/credit-cards
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s perfect if there is no yearly fee! We will definitely be paying off the balance in full every month.
👍🏻👍🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

They do now do one that does have a fee so just be careful which one you apply for.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I had one but ended up cancelling it when they slashed the rewards. I now have an Amex cashback card which gives me money back on spends, OH has an Amazon cashback card which gives the cashback in Amazon vouchers.

It's worth looking at Money Saving Expert to see what is currently the best rewards card out there.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love mine... save my points & treat my family to pizza express meal out on Boxing Day with the vouchers! 😊
Just hope they don’t go under before this years meal ! 🤞🏻🥴
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lovinit
Very Serious Dibber

I have one and use it for everyday purchases. I bank online and pay it weekly so that I'm not tempted to spend too much. You can pay as often as you like, after each transaction if you wanted to keep on top of your money.
It obviously works best for points when shopping instore or at tesco petrol stations.
lovinit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve had one for donkeys years, but they don’t do that one now. I do all my local shopping on it and buy petrol. I then auto convert to Virgin miles because that works for me.
I mix that with an Amex card and Virgin no foreign transaction fee. I then pay everything back in full every month.
I think years ago I did have to do a chargeback due to an airline failure and it was quickly and easily handled and resolved.