Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Oct 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Not a present , but we currently have this card proudly amongst the other 21ST birthday cards for my DAUGHTER
What my dad was thinking off I don’t know

Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by willow View Post
One year my husband bought me some clothes. They where from the maternity range. I wasn’t pregnant!
😳😳😳Oops
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

FIL got me a cook book one year 'how to be a better cook'. Cheeky little blighter.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My MIL once bought me one of those pots of blue cheese they have in supermarkets for the run up to Christmas even though she knew I don't like blue cheese.
She bought DH a pack of wet wipes and a chamois leather for his 40th birthday.
The best ones though we're before I met DH and she bought him a dressing gown for Christmas it was too small so she took it back and exchanged it, she gave it back to him as his present the following Christmas.
She won a quilt in a raffle and gave it to DH brother for his birthday he bought a cover for it and when he got married he was going to take it for the spare room but she wouldn't let him.
The presents she gave were always beautifully wrapped it was just a huge disappointment when they were opened.
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Not a present , but we currently have this card proudly amongst the other 21ST birthday cards for my DAUGHTER
What my dad was thinking off I don’t know

This made me laugh. My dad is nearly 86 and we get cards for any occasion if he likes the picture or finds them funny. Get Well cards for birthdays etc - he picks them up in a local charity shop for 10p
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kd0758
Very Serious Dibber

I’m so easily pleased, I don’t think I’d ever say anything was a bad present.

My mum gives us a stocking full of household items every year, bleach, washing tablets, cleaning stuff etc every year and I still get excited by it

To most people, the hoover attachment for hard floors from my husband would be a bad gift, to me it was great (I did want it anyway ).
Kd0758 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

One year my mum got a wall mounted toilet roll holder from a friend for Xmas! It was from m&s, but when my mum tried to return it they hadn’t sold them for about ten years! God knows where her friend had got it from or why she thought it was an appropriate Xmas present
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

One Christmas I gave my Liverpool FC fanatic Dad an Everton FC jigsaw as a joke. Luckily he found it amusing after uttering a few naughty words first🤬😁.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kd0758 View Post
I’m so easily pleased, I don’t think I’d ever say anything was a bad present.

My mum gives us a stocking full of household items every year, bleach, washing tablets, cleaning stuff etc every year and I still get excited by it

To most people, the hoover attachment for hard floors from my husband would be a bad gift, to me it was great (I did want it anyway ).
My mum made me stockings with similar sort of stuff... the Christmas after she died (6 years ago this month) I cried my eyes out cos she’d already bought and wrapped stuff for my stocking...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Mother in Law knitted my son - then about 6 months old - a knitted all in one, this was 30 years ago and honestly onesies were NOT in fashion, this thing was a hideous green colour, and way to big for him, I kept it till it fitted him just to see how much to big it was, he was 6 by then.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List