Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 21 Oct 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
An ex boyfriend for Xmas a few years ago.

First xmas together and we were in Florida. My friend was also with us. It had become apparent to my friend on Xmas eve that he still hadn't got me anything, she dragged him round walmart, pointed out things I'd like, frozen onesie etc... this was despite us going shopping over multiple days.

He got me:
A hair brush
Hair bobbles
2 x native american indian style phone covers - I didn't need new covers, nor was that my style!
A box of chocolates I couldn't eat due to the ingredients

I'd got him a ticket to a GOT showing that cost £75.

The next day he then asked why I wasn't using the new hair bobbles, I politely explained that they didn't fit (I have very long thick hair), he replied, "I did think they'd be a bit small" ! They were the kind you'd use on a 2 year olds pigtails.
No need to ask why he’s a ex!
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

A 2018 pocket diary at Christmas 2018 🤔
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

My late ex-mother in law (we loathed each other!) once gave me a dusty, murky-green coloured plastic cotton-wool ball holder for the bathroom that was half full of dull-yellow balls of cotton-wool.

I wrapped it back up and gave it to her for the following Christmas *snigger*. She was too polite to say anything!
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My mother gave me a 99p pack of tealights wrapped in the plastic wrapper from a pack of toilet rolls. DD once got a biro from her and she also had a habit of asking for gifts back or the money equivalent if the price. Also Birthday cards she had received and that had her name crossed out and a new name written on.

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

A unicycle from my father and stepmother. I’m not sure I’ve ever really shown much interest in circus skills so it was bloody weird!

*Btw I must have been in my early 30’s at the time

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This comments make me think how lucky I’ve been, my late dear lovely mum would give you and birthday card with £100 and the same for Christmas plus buy us Roses, wine, Christmas cake plus anything else you wanted. My mil also buys nice presents or gift cards or money.
Old 22 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
One Christmas my MIL gave me a personal attack alarm and my own mum (who is normally thoughtful and very lovely) gave me one of those diet plates to restrict your portions. I was well annoyed.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Not a present , but we currently have this card proudly amongst the other 21ST birthday cards for my DAUGHTER
What my dad was thinking off I don’t know

My son Ben received a pink card with flowers on for his 21st from my Dad - he bought it for the verse. Ben doesn’t let him forget it
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My worst present from my DH was a Slanket was bright pink (I am not a fan of anything pink) I was so upset as it was just something that I have never even said I wanted! He hasn't ever made a mistake like that since!

The worst gift from my mother in law was a deep fat fryer, that had a huge dent in the side, didn't have a box, instructions or receipt. I have never used a deep fat fryer in my life and couldn't understand why she bought one for me, DH got a set of Hi Karate smelly's OMG she must have had them in her attic or somewhere as I haven't seen Hi Karate for sale in donkey's years! LOL

The worst gift from one of my DS's was a draught excluder and a pair of old lady slippers.

The other DS has as yet never bought me anything rubbish yet (but that can always change)

The worst present off my late mum was a set of 6 teaspoons, and a set of pegs! I have no idea what her thought process was behind those lol.

Great thread by the way brings back some very funny memories!

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

The worst present I received was a grey Perspex letter rack, WHY
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List